How do birth control pills work because I've never used them before

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

64 Likes

You put them in a pan and fry them🙄

147 Likes

Umm abstinence is better! :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

People are laughing instead of helping. The same idiots will talk shit when she’s at planned parenthood getting rid of her accident tho :woman_shrugging:t3:

Same EXACT TIME every single day. That is key! Never skip a dose! And follow your doctors recommendations!

If you are that thick please find out. You shouldn’t breed

5 Likes

Welll., how did you get them? They usually explain that when you get them, come on now.

6 Likes

Damn y’all mean af :see_no_evil::rofl:
Do the research because I got pregnant with my first on the pill gotta be sure to take everyday same time within 3 hrs

Probably the same person who asked how to use a pregnancy test yesterday :rofl:

7 Likes

Where are all these dumb questions coming from and why is the admin actually posting them? Is this a fucking joke?

you put them in your butt :thinking:

8 Likes

Don’t be here asking about your reproductive health. Coming to social media to ask strangers? You ain’t ready for sex.

14 Likes

Did you know if you take melatonin with Birth control it don’t work as it should & you could still end up pregnant!! Just a little information for ya! #facts

5 Likes

Keeping your knickers on and your legs closed usually is a good start

3 Likes

Well. First you go to your PCP to get them and prescribe you a month worth. Take 1 pill a day and set a reminder. Every day you faithfully take that pill. Do not take any other medications unless your dr. says to do so. Some antibiotics/other medications can stop your birth control (many kids are born from the pill because of that) anyways hope this helps and break that down in the most generous way. Good luck.

13 Likes

They don’t. My 14 year old is proof

Publicly shaming people for asking questions, no matter how misguided, is kinda :poop:. IJS. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

If you have to post on social media for advice you clearly arent mature enough to have sex. Seek a OBGYN for advice…

3 Likes

No worries, no headaches, no birth control :wink:

12 Likes

Is this a real question!!!

I wonder how many people unfollowed after these ridiculous posts.

2 Likes

They’re meant to be thrown in the garbage

1 Like

Why are some of you being so condescending?? Why if she is in a bad situation where she doesn’t want her abusive boyfriend to get her pregnant? Don’t be so quick to judge y’all.

3 Likes

You gyn doctor will prescribe a pack of pills I think is for 28 days each pack, It usually has an arrow that show you with which one you start, just take one every single day at the same time. It’s better to ask you doctor to explain it to you.

1 Like

It makes me sad that so many of you are being deliberately cruel. It looks like a lot of you could do some growing up. Is this what you hope someone would tell your daughter? Or your niece?

3 Likes

Don’t need birth control,just have intercourse at night while the sperm are sleeping :sleeping: :woman_facepalming:

7 Likes

Idk but u take them orally! If your putting them in your body any other way your doing it wrong. Lol :laughing:

2 Likes

Sometimes I really do feel like it’s kids asking these questions​:joy::see_no_evil:

Stop guys! She may really be reaching out for help.

5 Likes

Correct answer is forbidden.:+1:

Wash it down with a few shots & pray :rofl:

4 Likes

They change the hormone levels I’m your body so you can’t get pregnant

Maybe you save yourself from daft comments, you could use Google. You’ll find the correct information you need.

1 Like

Are you the same one who asked sbout the pregnancy test…if so i believe that was negative so now you need birth control. So if you would have done that 1st and you wouldn’t be asking about pregnancy test

Have your Gyno explain that

You really didn’t think to Google this question? I mean the NIH is a thing. PP is a thing. WHO is a thing. Please tell me you aren’t fucking.

How old is this fan?

1 Like

Hold it between your knees.

4 Likes

Did your gynecologist explain this to you?

1 Like

They are a hormone that tells your body not to allow the hormones that allow pregnancy. It is strongest during the part of your cycle that you are most fertile. They are different colors in the pack because the hormones taper off to let you cycle (have your period).

4 Likes

I can’t believe how these females r acting each and everyone of ur should tell ur daughter or daughters the same thing grow the hell up

5 Likes

The birth control pill works by stopping sperm from joining with an egg. When sperm joins with an egg it’s called fertilization. The hormones in the pill safely stop ovulation. No ovulation means there’s no egg for sperm to fertilize, so pregnancy can’t happen.

1 Like

Wtf is up w this group. Seriously

3 Likes

Women must empower women! There is no shame in asking a question…

Pills are used to control more than just pregnancy. Friend of mine takes them to help with her PCOS.

4 Likes

I have 2 babys 13 months apart thanks to the heather pill… and I faithfully took it at the same time everyday

The Dr and Google can tell you that.

Even if you’re not pregnant, they can help you relgulate your period.

If you have any questions please message me… and I will help you with it… thier is 21 same color pill 7 that’s different color. You take one the same time of day daily the 21 is when off your period the 7 day should be week of period… you start taken them after your period when it’s your first time…

As admin to a women’s group about empowering other women… I’d have a hay day removing a lot of women in this group because of your rudeness to this poor girl that was simply asking a question. What makes you better than her? What makes you right to belittle her? Get over yourselves and be a good human. Seriously. The world has enough critics. She damn well doesn’t need you to help with that!

2 Likes

If I were you I’d just refrain from having intercourse… ever!

4 Likes

I would suggest just swallow and use condoms

5 Likes

I just stick one up in my lady hole before sex each time and I’ve only gotten pregnant twice :love_you_gesture:t4::woozy_face:

Injection is the best

1 Like

See your doctor so you stop getting the stupid remarks on Facebook

9 Likes

I have never been on birth control of any kind. My boyfriend now husband has always pulled out. Been pregnant twice but it’s because we wanted kids. Hubs pull out game is really good. So I probably don’t know how the pill works. Maybe. Been having sex since I was a teen and 36 now and the pull out method has worked for us very well. No pill or other method to prevent being prego.

Your doctor can tell you anything you want to know about it.

1 Like

Try searching YouTube

Um if you get the pill or have questions… the best person to ask would be your PCP :woman_shrugging:

This could be a young teenage girl who doesn’t have a female role model to ask these questions to. Maybe try answering her with legit answers instead of poking fun at her.

Make soup then drink it

I got pregnant when my daughter was 6 months old on the pill🤦‍♀️

They have side effects and are not that effective for some. Try speaking to the family planning clinic they will tell you what’s available and help to figure out what’s right for you

1 Like

Tape them to your nipples that should do the trick!

1 Like

They should have a day for each one Monday ThroughSunday morning the green ones are used to start your period if they still go like that lol it’s been 25 years since I took them

1 Like

Good advice Dr…well done…

1 Like

Put one between your knees and dont let it fall out

4 Likes

Well apparently people are too nasty and vicious to give you an answer. I went to google for answers but from personal experience it isn’t very reliable I would consider a coil or something. Any birth control will have different side effects depending on the person x

5 Likes

This question may be a young person who is responsible enough to be looking for information regarding birth control. She may not have enough confidence to speak to a trained counsellor. Why do some feel that it’s funny to show their ignorance by not treating it with the respect it deserves? Or are people so ignorant that they don’t recognise when someone is asking for advice? You’re not funny you’re just showing just how uneducated you really are!

1 Like

Drop them in water like a alkaseltzer :eyes::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Ok so open your legs and pop it right into your vagina once a day and just start twerking after 5 minutes… Make sure to put it on TikTok or YouTube just once…

From the start of your ministration start taking your birth control. You see any signs of bleeding if they are effective enough. I don’t take the last week of mine but it’s to help build up the vitamin levels you need.

1 Like

Your body can react to them differently than others. Some get their period, some don’t. Some get a heavier and longer period, or exactly the opposite. It is best to talk to your primary or gyn doctor. I can not take birth control pills because I get insanely sick. So I get the depo shot… which also carries nasty side effects for some lol.

1 Like

Take with plenty of alcohol!

1 Like

I took birth control pills for years . Only side effects I had were good , larger breasts , shorter lighter periods and cleared up any period acne. The scare in the 70’s made me decide to stop them . Thus my wonderful son. But they are much safer these days w minimum amount of estrogen. If they don’t work for you there are many options.

I got pregnant on the pill so I wouldn’t recommend it

You didnt bother asking the doctor…or reading the insert that comes with each and every package. Cmon…nobodys that stupid

Bullying is NEVER :-1: okey

1 Like

Take 1 pill hold it between your knees, problem solved.

2 Likes

Neither have I so idek

If you you’ve nothing nice to say just skip the post no need to be rude or nasty…Take it as if your own Daughter was ask you this question oys always woman dissing other woman

U- plug-It in it’s like a movie and it shows what’s your next 20 years will be like if you have children and that is called birth control

1 Like

You should get a month supply. White pills and 7 days of another color those are your period days. If after a few months you are having a period during the white pills you can still get pregnant. You should still use condoms for atleast for the first 6 months to prevent pregnancy. But always use condoms because they protect you from stds and stis.

2 Likes

Chalk them up and snort them!

2 Likes

That is a question for your doctor. Not Facebook.

Lower your hormone level

Birth control pills are not good for you. My daughter has an IUD shes getting removed because its messing her up too.

Why are some of you hags so rude. Like you all weren’t young and uninformed once? Educate people educate. Stop mocking those who aren’t and try and help!
Guess what my first sight at birth control I was absolutely CONFUSED. Guess what read the packet still confused! Not everyone has that support to teach them right and wrong. I SEE so many women but when Y’all type the child comes out real quick!

I’m sorry - is this a man asking? Women should know better. Look it up - ask a doctor.

1 Like

Give them to ur spouse ,and they will put them in u like a suppository

2 Likes

Read the directions. If you still have to ask that question then you should really consider a tubal ligation.

1 Like

So I’m starting to think these questions are just people being trolls…:thinking::woman_facepalming:

Google will have the answers you seek

1 Like

Put them up your vagina and hope for the best

2 Likes

Best to ask a Dr and not Facebook

1 Like

She didn’t ask what to do with them. She asked how do they work. In other words thank you to those that told her what the body does to stop her from becoming pregnant.

This is literally a meme page why are you people all so mad cuz of this question :joy:

A lot of these questions sound like they are from teenagers lol

It kills the egg. Making it unfertilizable (is that a word? Fukk it).

It actually stops ovulation ( an egg coming out of your Fallopian tubes and traveling down your cervix)

The person asked how they work not how to take them…

Bunch of a-holes on here :laughing:

Birth Control Pills | The Pill | Contraceptive Pills.

Why are you guys being such asses? Do you know her circumstances? What if the sex isn’t consensual? What if she’s not comfortable speaking about these things with someone who knows her? She’s not asking how to swallow a pill and if you weren’t daft yourselves, you would see that she’s asking how the pill stops pregnancy not how to administer the dose. It’s because of self righteous, bored, petty females like yourselves that kids are so misinformed. Most of you would not have the balls to speak to someone the way you do online. Stop trying to be “tough” you’re not fooling anyone. Your insecurities are as loud as your mouths. Educate each other and empower one another instead of being such bitter bitches.