How can you tell if a guy wants to be more than friends?

How can I tell a guy wants more then friends? I’ve known him for 4 years now and he flirted with me off and on during these 4 years…. He’s divorced twice and I’m almost divorced I never flirted back tho. He’s been waiting on my divorce my thing is I’m scared he drives a big truck and because of my soon to be ex husband I have trust issues and other issues… which this guy knows all of that. Is there a reason a guy would like a female who can’t have kids? He has one kid already and he knows my kids. his second ex wife was mean to his kid. He will be gone 1 week and 8 days at a time maybe more. I’m scared of being cheated on. His first ex wife cheated and blamed it on him being gone sometimes 1 week and 8 days sometimes more. Maybe I’m just over thinking it?

12 Likes

I agree with the comments saying to focus on you4 divorce, and then on yourself, for awhile. Divorce is traumatic and marriage changes you; take time to figure out who you are now before adding someone new in to your life (not to mention the lives of your children, who absolutely need a sense of stability right now).
But also: you asked why a man would be interested in someone who can’t have (more) kids. That’s not all you bring to a partnership! Your future partner should want to be with you for everything you ARE, which is a whole lot more than a bunch of reproductive organs. Plus, there are plenty of men out there who don’t want anymore kids anyway. Don’t let something like this make you feel any less valid or loveable; when the time is right, you’ll find someone who loves you the way you are.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t go into another relationship without taking time to heal from the divorce. Especially if you have these feelings because your not going to trust him.

4 Likes

You need to take time to yourself before jumping into a relationship. You may know him for 4 years but that doesn’t mean you actually know him very well. There’s a reason he’s been divorced twice so if I was you I would be looking up his background before you jump into another relationship trust me. Also when a man reflects only toxic things about their exes it usually means it’s the other way around.

2 Likes

Sweetie you need to focus on Yourself and Your kids. You know as a truck driver he’s never going to be home for any length of time, so everything will be up to you to deal with… I’d say he’s looking for a built in babysitter!!! If that’s the kind of life you want being GF or wife #3 ? Then Go for it, but don’t be surprised when he leaves you hanging for #4. ( Wanna bet he’s has back up filly on the road) I know someone that was in a relationship with a long haul truck driver, until she found out he had a wife and kids in another state.:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

You’re not only overthinking it, you shouldn’t be thinking it at all. Focus on yourself and your kids after the divorce. Let him haul his load somewhere else

1 Like

This isn’t an answer to the question you asked….
But I’m gonna say it, cause I want you to have a happy healthy relationship in the future if that’s what you want.

Focus on getting divorced.

Get settled in your new life.

Be single, and heal, and maybe try therapy if it’s something you’re open to.

A year of being single and in your new place, and then start to think about dating.

Spend a year getting to know yourself and your interests and what YOU WANT out of a relationship.

Then, you won’t question what a man sees in you or whether he likes you.

You will never have to question wether a man likes you once you truly know and like yourself. Any man should feel grateful for you giving him the time of day. Women have way more power than they realize.

Focus on you, and the rest will fall into place naturally and organically without doubt.:heart:

2 Likes

You should take time for yourself to heal before trying to move forward with anything.

Two divorces? And a truck driver ? And saying the faults are on all the females​:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

8 Likes

How cld you consider dating a man when you’re going through a divorce. You’re immature that’s why your marriage is ending now. Smfh

3 Likes

If you have to ask…. :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

You are not even divorce yet and you are already thinking in being in a relationship with another man , you should be focus on the divorce and taking care of yourself and assimilate all the changes in your life .

And by the way , people don’t need to travel / go away for work to be cheat , they will cheat on you even if they are with you 24/7
This thinking is a reason for you to stay single for a while , you are not ready to be in a new relationship

1 Like

I’m not sure who has more red flags, you or the dude your trying to date :woman_facepalming:t2:

Honestly, until you work through your traumas and can go into a relationship with a certain level of trust, there’s no point.
Also, I wouldn’t necessarily take his word on everything relating to his 2 divorces. He played a role in them too. I’m seeing red flags :triangular_flag_on_post:
Focus on your divorce and being there for your children during the process, then maybe you can consider dating again.