How can I make sure our blended family gets along?

I recently got custody of my sisters kids (they were in a bad situatuin) but I am adopting them…they are 5 and 7…i have 9 year old twins and want to make sure that the boys all get along and its a smooth transition…what can i do to make sure my blended family love eachother?

21 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/how-can-i-make-sure-our-blended-family-gets-along/20659

Support and therapy for the children coming from a bad place. Possibly for whole family. Patience. Grace. Providing each child there own space to be physically and emotionally. Meeting each child where they are at.

9 Likes

What a lovely woman you are adopting your nephews.with a heart :heart: like yours I believe everything will just fall into place and your have no worries with your little family.may God forever bless you and your family.:pray:

4 Likes

Be open and honest with the kids about why they’re there and they should understand. All siblings will fight and butt heads. Cousins too especially if they’re close. They’ll get through it just be there for them all equally.
Don’t treat anyone any different than anyone else and it should be okay. Therapy could probably be a great tool

That’s awesome :clap: I would start talking to you kids about the permanent change ask if they have any questions. Treat them all the same always and you’ll see that they will soon blend together. When children are shown love they love more easily

4 Likes

Treat them all equally

3 Likes

Be Patient and treat them all equal

1 Like

Family therapy. Patience bc this is a huge change for everyone. Remember to treat whatever trauma/s led to you getting your nephews.

2 Likes

Do not force relationships. Let them happen naturally and with therapy. If relationships do not work then teach tolerance and acceptance.

2 Likes

I know my situation isn’t necessarily the same, but this is how we handled our adoption process.

We adopted siblings from foster care. We got custody of them a year apart from each other. Our daughter is 4 years older than our son, and she was 5 1/2 when he came to live with us. We included her in EVERYTHING. She helped set up his room, put his crib together, etc. We explained that he was coming to live with us forever and that she was his big sister. There have been times when they’ve been jealous of each other, and they’ve definitely had their moments where they fight more than they get along, but in the end, everything fell into place. I’m sure everything will work out for all of you.

1 Like

After leaving my previous job 12 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer jobs for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 m0nths was for $14688… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://SmartJob74.pages.dev

1 Like

I believe they’ll all get along. Spread love and Joy​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later, God bless this wonderful opportunity, I never knew it was possible to be earning massively from Bitcoin Mr. Joshua Bunker :balloon::revolving_hearts::pray: is the best when it comes to Bitcoin because this opportunity I share with you can change your life forever and I’m proud to have him as my trading account manager. I now earn more than my paycheck on weekly basis :champagne::tada::christmas_tree::rose::gift_heart::moneybag::money_with_wings:

There is absolutely nothing in this world that will provide more comfort and happiness than a testimony of the truth.
Thank you so much Mr. Joshua Bunker for all you have done for me through your BSV citadel hedge fund Trading platform, despite this ongoing inflation , I still made awesome profits under his mentorship. Please don’t hesitate to contact him on how to earn from bitcoin and altcoins successfully
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Good work deserves recommendation, knowing where to invest, what to invest in, who to trust and how to make profit can be very difficult as a beginner, but when you work with the right people, the road to financial freedom becomes a lot easier. I proudly recommend whosever is looking forward to join crypto should trade with Mr. Joshua Bunker and his profitable platform to yield the best result. You can contact him with the link tag below

Good work deserves recommendation, knowing where to invest, what to invest in, who to trust and how to make profit can be very difficult as a beginner, but when you work with the right people, the road to financial freedom becomes a lot easier. I proudly recommend whosever is looking forward to join crypto should trade with Mr. Joshua Bunker and his profitable platform to yield the best result. You can contact him with the link tag below

In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is desire. No reasons or principle contain it or stand against it. Never stop believing in yourself.
When others doubt, don’t you. I never knew I could make such a huge amount of money with my little investment in Bitcoin, I’m so proud of Sir Joshua Bunker trading strategies and techniques. I’ll continue to invest under his mentorship and platform because God has used him to bless my home and my lovely family.

Crypto Trading has changed my life. I always wondering why everyone trade with Mr. Joshua Bunker platform always giving out good testimonies but now I believe… Crypto trading is a profitable business only when you are trading with the right strategy platform. Your profit is always 100% secure I couldn’t believed my eyes when i saw my profit! I have no idea how to return the favour of the good work of Mr. Joshua Bunker . However, this is like a gift sent from God. Thank you so much Sir, I’m so grateful
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
I’m thankful to Mr. Joshua for bringing smile and happiness to my life and the life of my best friend through his crypto Investment platform , am so glad and so lucky to have him mentor my Bitcoin​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Don’t be among the multitude that gave up so easily because of rumor and bad experience. know ur worth and strive for the best. invest with Mr. Joshua Bunker and get your profit without hindrance or unnecessary fees, i just wanna let you know there is still competent mining expert. Bitcoin has been making people Rich and God bless Sir. Joshua for this amazing opportunity​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

I wonder why people turns their eyes off Bitcoins and crypto currency trading knowing fully well they’re the faith and future of the world. Bitcoin and crypto currency trading are one of the most profitable online business I have ever gotten myself into, I am happy i made the right decision to invest with, Mr. Joshua Bunker who help me Boost my financial status… My appreciation and gratitude to Sir. Bunker for making me who I’m today, I can say I’m leaving my dream life… I’m happy I invested under the right platform… May God continue to bless you Joshua.0 I’m so grateful​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Teach all the kids to love each other and compassion and patience and grace. Explain to your kiddos that for a time especially as the cousins settle in there will be situations where things may be hard. But just as your kiddos love each other, they can be great big cousins or “siblings.” Try and do fun things as a family, like game night and lil park trips or whatever you all enjoy. The adjustment won’t be overnight but it will be a good experience for all the kids to have each other to love!

Model the behavior you want them to have. Tell your boys that their cousins need extra love & you need them to help you give it.

Set family activities that are good for all. Make chore charts that include all kids doing things. Have them set the table & even cook together. Set up a school type atmosphere where homework help is provided to all at the same time each evening.

Treat them as equals as much as you can, but also let them do age appropriate things alone.

Implement a no hitting/ bullying law in the home & enforce it by time out together on the couch or kitchen table for the ones breaking that law. Sit with them during the time out & calmly discuss better ways to solve hurt feelings & altercations.

Give each child a space that is their own where they can go to decompress if needed, or just have privacy from the others.

Bless your heart for stepping up. You are the best :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Equal treatment all the way around. But also explain to your kids about adjustment periods for the other ones and them to

Support on both sides. And know your doing a great thing.

You said you recently added to your family. This is going to be an adjustment for everyone. I would consider therapy for all the children. Good luck

After leaving my previous job 6 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer job for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $14521… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://SuperIncome1320.pages.dev/

You’ll do great!! God thought your family needed those 2 little ones as much as they needed you!! Treat them all as equals and always remember that there will be days things will be harder, not because you brought a 5 and 7 year old into your family but because you went from 2 to 4 kids, those days will be normal. Your goal is to make them a home team :heart: with love, time, patience, stability and routine your home will be the typical for a family of 6.

Show love, kids tend to folllow grown ups as examples. Be the best example you can, speak kindness and wisdom to them, lots of love and always stick by them through thick and thin. It will all work out.

Communication and love :heart: remind your children these coming into home have been thru enough trauma