How can I make money?

I have got do something to make money from besides babysit. Any idea TIA! I’m tired of living paycheck to paycheck on one income household!!

3 Likes

Well it depends. Do you want to do something from home? Are your kids in school?

I clean houses outside my normal job which supplements income pretty well

What can you do with a computer?

What are your skills? Full time, part time or work from home when you can? Need a lot of money, extra money, or just want something to do? At home or can you get to an on-location job?

Ask around what they need in the health care field; they always need people. What can you get certified to do: X-Ray tech, medical coder, lab assistant, pharmacy tech? But note that Certified Nursing Assistants have a tough job and get paid very little.

Can you volunteer to get your foot in the door in politics or advocacy groups or any place that has receptionist jobs?

Are you qualified to teach? If you have an undergraduate degree you may be able to get a teaching certificate or at least substitute teach. Teacher’s aide probably doesn’t pay much even if there’s a budget for one. Could you be a private tutor? Look at usajobs.gov to find government jobs near you, and check with the post office for openings. They have great benefits and may have part time positions, but take about a year to get through the hiring process, so do something else while you’re waiting to hear. Starbucks offers benefits, though discourages unions.

If you can get your commercial driver’s license (CDL) truck driving can be lucrative. Waitress at a bar can earn decent money if you’re OK with getting home really late. Waitressing at a high end restaurant can earn big tips if you have experience. If not, start at a chain like Denny’s or IHOP or your local casual place. If they have an alcohol license you’ll make more in tips. See if you’d have to work different shifts if they have long hours.

I don’t know what your situation is or where you live but learn a trade. I’m a union carpenter and it changed my life

Apply for a job!? Outside of the house :woman_shrugging: Pound the pavement with resumes, the old fashion way

2 Likes

What I recommend if you’re wanting to work outside the home is go to trade school. Lots of good paying trades out there so you can level up not stay a wage slave

Bake cakes, set up and provide party events.