How can I increase milk supply?

Does anyone have suggestions for how to increase milk supply? My baby is breastfed but I don’t have enough to pump also. I’m down to 2 bags in the freezer (for husband to use if I’m not home or if I’m unable to satisfy baby’s demand). I’ve tried to pump in between feedings but Usually only get like 1/2 an ounce or 1 ounce. I used to be able to pump in between and get like 5 oz at a time… I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong or if it’s just because the baby is getting bigger and eating more (She is 3 and a 1/2 months old now). Any suggestions would be helpful, thank you!

2 Likes

Being consistent in that pumping time will help. It will signal to your body that milk is needed at that time

Beer helps with milk production

Bottle of Body Armour, bottle of Water, Liquid IV packet.

That’s what I keep in my cup and I can tell when I don’t drink it for a day! But also I use the Hakka on the side he isn’t eating on and get way more that way than I EVER have pumping!

Dark beer, steel cut oats, increase water intake. Watch out for things like benadryl, antibiotics, and tight fitting clothes as those will reduce production

.5-1 oz after a feeding is great & is an oversupply! You only need 1-1.25 oz every hour away from baby & them properly pacefed. This doesn’t change until a year old. Also, food or drinks don’t make milk. Removing milk is what makes milk. So eat & drink whatever you want, it won’t increase supply. Expressions! Lactation Services is a great place to any further trouble shooting!

Big bowl of steel cut oatmeal
Stay well hydrated
Lactation cookies
Pump often
Skin to skin with baby

Dr. put my mom on two cans of dark beer per day, malt liquor I think