Halloween baby name ideas?

Pretty “spooky” girl names? My due date is legit October 31st and I want something kinda Halloween-y…maybe a little witchy but still girly…see my struggle?

57 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/halloween-baby-name-ideas/22008

1 Like

Prue, Piper, Phoebe, Paige…

278 Likes

Just make it a name that works for a child and an adult. When they’re 85 and rattling around a nursing home Moon or Midnight is going to be a tad ridiculous!

163 Likes

My youngest is named Rayven I chose that way of spelling for something different… but lillith, piper, Luna , Ivy

57 Likes

My friend named her daughter Salem, I love it!

52 Likes

I loved the movie practical magic thus I have a Jilly

41 Likes

Willow (from Buffy)
Tabitha (b*witched)
Bellatrix (my youngest Daughter’s name and name of witch from Harry Potter)

36 Likes

I like Hazel, like witch hazel.

54 Likes

Mavis. It doesn’t sound Halloween-y but it makes me think of hotel Transylvania aka vampires :joy::woman_shrugging:t4: and it’s cute!

25 Likes

Lydia (like from Beetlejuice)
Gillian (Jilly-in, like from Practical Magic)
Autumn (self explanatory)

20 Likes

Not Halloween but I have a Karrigan after the mean lady in Casper :laughing:

20 Likes

Sally, Victoria, Emily, Coraline. All normal names but are also from Tim Burton movies

19 Likes

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but I love the name Rhiannon—yes after the Fleetwood Mac song lol. Stevie Nicks just screams witchy vibes. :joy:

I really wanted to name my youngest that, but of course he was a boy. :weary:

44 Likes

My youngest daughter’s names is Wednesday, we call her Winnie. It’s Addams Family and Hocus Pocus vibes all in one :sweat_smile:. I also love Lydia, Salem and Coraline though.

63 Likes

My daughters name is Coraline! I didn’t name her that because of the movie, but that’s an idea you could use

10 Likes

That’s like my daughter as born at 6 weight 6.6 her first birthday was on Friday the 13th definitely Devil’s child​:joy::joy:

22 Likes

I’ve always felt Celeste was a little witchy!

22 Likes

Just start watching a ton of scary movies and find a name you really like. Some people commenting are forgetting you are birthing a human instead of a cat/dog.

10 Likes

Winnie (Winifred), Sarah or Mary! For obvi reasons… Hocus Pocus :clap:t3::woman_shrugging:t3::jack_o_lantern:

11 Likes

How about Freya? I think it’s a beautiful name.

26 Likes

Raven.
October.
Autumn.
Willow.

No matter what, her nickname can always be Pumpkin :jack_o_lantern: :heart:

15 Likes

Growing up my best friends name was October :smirk:

7 Likes

I was a Halloween due date baby and my name is Jennifer :joy:

8 Likes

Stevie, Rhiannon or Gypsy (Stevie Nicks is my fav). I named my dog Gypsy after my fav song :rofl::rofl::rofl:. If I had an actual female child I would have gone with Rhiannon.

9 Likes

My sons birthday is 31st Oct and his nickname is pumpkin :jack_o_lantern: :blush:

4 Likes

Listen… not “halloween” type per say BUT hear me out… my grandma was such a great human being… meant the world to me and she passed away on Oct 31st four years ago. Her name was Helen. If you don’t like that name, her middle name was Eileen and that’s also my second middle name I was born with. If I had ever had a baby girl, her name was going to be Eileen

1 Like

My daughter was fri 13th and is called Raven

7 Likes

My daughter was born on Halloween. But she has a basic name. Blakelee

3 Likes

Sabrina, Piper or Willow. For some reason these names make me think of a very pretty “witchy” girl

6 Likes

Willow
Raven
Celeste
Annabelle
Storm

My youngest was born on Halloween. My oldest on Christmas.

6 Likes

I had my second daughter August 23rd and we named her Luna. It had nothing to do with Halloween and everything to do with her Daddy and I.
I also have a dog named Raven. It does seem this name is getting a little more popular now tho!

1 Like

Not really a witches name but even Jezzabelle/Jezebel. After watching the series Lucifer I’ve always loved the name Mazikeen too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Sage, Malificent Malli for nickname
When I was little there was a book series Dorrie the little witch,I was obsessed w it ( first because my name was never i anything but then because they are great books with a wonderful character the kind of little girl you want to know) even started spelling my name that way. It is not commonly known and not a really witchy name it is subtle witchy related . Now there’s the fish who kinda ruins the idea but that won’t last much longer. I may be a little biased to this idea…

1 Like

Rasputina (a band), Rhiannon/Stevie,
Bella or Belladonna/ Bella Donna
Freya, Delphine , Endora (Bewitched)
Sabrina (the teenage witch)
Holly (witches traditionally used wands of Holly wood, also interesting when you tie the two words together to see where Hollywood got it’s name from “the magic of hollywood”)

9 Likes

I am a 32 year teacher. Some of these creative names drive us crazy! If your last name has three or more syllables, please don’t let the first name have more than one or two. The child has to learn to say it and also has to write it for the rest of their lives. Some letters are very hard to learn to write like F, Q, Z, Y, X……. 19 years ago, my sister named her daughter Paytyn… not one y, but two.  I still give her a hard time. I once had a student whose name was Victoria Elizabeth and her last name had four syllables…. it was horrible for her!  unisex names that have a feminine vibe, cause little boys to be teased, out of the earshot of the adults. 

38 Likes

I’m getting induced Halloween(39w1d) if I don’t go before then. As for names literally go on Disney+ and just look at all the Halloween movies. That’s what I would do lol.

Favorite Movies-
Hocus Pocus(1st one)
Halloween town
Corpse Bride
Casper
Nightmare before Christmas
Harry Potter series

1 Like

I wanted to name my daughter Willow Raven when I was pregnant

2 Likes

I went with Andromeda, after Andromeda Tonks’ from the Harry Potter series, and was due on Halloween, and had her on Hallowee

3 Likes

I got my cat on Halloween. Her name is Luna Bella. Beautiful moon.

My sister was born on Halloween too! Her name is autumn :slight_smile:

1 Like

My daughter bday on Halloween and her name is Megan. Had a scheduled C-section so I knew she was going to be born than

Autum :maple_leaf:
not very spooky but goes well with the month :orange_heart:

1 Like

I LOVE the name Salem!! I really like willow too!

2 Likes

My son is a Halloween baby I named him Wyatt :heart:

1 Like

Samara from The Ring is definitely a favorite, Clarice from Silence of the Lambs, Regan from The Exorcist, or Blair from The Blair Witch Project.:black_heart:

2 Likes

Ebony or Sabrina…….I was in labour on Halloween but baby boy Spencer came the next day……he would have been Eliza if he was a girl, which I used next for his sister………I just went with the names I liked :woman_shrugging:t2:

Buffy , autumn, Lilith, Morticia, & Sabrina. My favorite is definitely Sabrina !

2 Likes

My daughters name Is Annabelle :blush:

1 Like

My daughter goes by Sage. I feel that’s kinda a spooky halloweeny name

Haleen ! Or Helene , or Glinda

3 Likes

My friend was born on Halloween her name is Holly :person_shrugging:

My daughters nickname is often Witch with a capital B :joy::eyes:

5 Likes

Hope, Sage, Raven, Davina, Clara, Hazel, Jade, Esme, Esmerelda, Matilda, Zoe, Sybil, Sage, Willow, Bonnie, Blair, Cordelia, My little ones middle name is Aurora which is on a lot of witch names and it means goddess of dawn. Arien means enchanted. Charma which means Charm incase your wanting a witchy name with meaning or Delphina, Freya means lady. Cleo. So many

2 Likes

Tabitha (from bewitched)
Sabrina (the teenage witch)
I have used these two names for two of my girls

1 Like

I think raven is a very Halloween ish name.

3 Likes

How about Sybil? Or you could spell it Sibyl…

1 Like

You could do horror movies “final girls” too

Sidney (Scream),
Sally (Texas Chainsaw Massacre),
Laurie (Halloween),
Ellen (Alien),
etc.

1 Like

Samara! From the Ring. It’s still a pretty name.

Rayven, willow, Luna or
Willow Luna together

1 Like

Opal (October’s birthstone)
Marigold (October’s birth flower)
Hazel (another autumnal colour)
Saffron (a spice that’s a rich orange in colour)

3 Likes

Wanda…Casper, morticia, autumn,luna,agatha, belinda,melinda, Wednesday willow

1 Like

Rowan

Look in the Anne Rice witch chronicles. There were some cool names in so many of her books.

1 Like

Luna, Wednesday(:woman_shrugging:), Raven, Autumn, Lilith, Persephone

1 Like

Piper, Wednesday, Lilith, Sabrina, Willow, Raven,  Lucille, Scarlett, Carrie, Matilda.

Sabrina, Samantha, Tabitha, Paige, Piper, Phoebe, Prue, Winifred, Sarah, Mary, Agnes, Esmeralda, Harper, Jade, Sybil, Matilda, Lydia, Cassandra, Esme

1 Like

Sabrina, Wendy, Morticia, Wednesday, Lydia

Hey my due date is rhr 31st too!

Cassie from Cassie nightingale (the good witch)

2 Likes

October, Ophelia, Wednesday, Lilith, Raven, Autumn, Blair

1 Like

Thea (thee-uh) Celeste, Millicent (Millie for short), Phaedra, Farrah, Selah, Sage, Alora… I could go on lol.

2 Likes

You could follow the charmed theme and go phoebe piper prue. Or actually I think Halliwell could work.

2 Likes

No one’s gonna say Elvira :woman_vampire:

1 Like

:raising_hand_woman:t2: Paige … I’m born on Halloween

Yeah, and the child will have to live with it……

1 Like

Raven, Sabrina, Agatha, Blair, Autumn, Buffy, Hallow, Willow, Luna, Matilda, Morticia, Rosemary, Sage, Lilith and Salem :black_heart:

Samantha , Elvira , Evie, Luna, Belladonna, Blaire, Crystal, Amethyst, Meg.

Shadow Opal/ Opal Shadow :writing_hand::gift_heart:

Hermione
Minerva
Molly
Ginny
Luna
Bellatrix
Winnie
Mary
Sarah
Sabrina
Sally

Cordelia, Camille, Celeste, Freya, Maeve, Bennett, Devina, Hermione

Hazel, Gretel, Candy , Bethel

Luna
Mystical
Mary
Elvira
Esmeralda
Phoebe
Sabrina

3 Likes

Hazel
Sage
Juniper
Amethyst
Onyx
Freya
Rhiannon
Diane
Demeter
Athena
Persephone

Sabrina (Sabrina teenage witch)
Marnie (Halloween town)

Charisma from Buffy or Piper is a name I love and phoebe

Samantha, Tabitha from Bewitched

Astrid
Juniper
Scarlett
*I would look into flower names or things that a witch would put into a “potion” for inspo…

3 Likes

Autumn Sky,
Sage
Coralie
Emily Winifred
Winnie (Or another hocus pocus which name)
Willow
Hazel
Majestic

My name is Cassandra from the show Dark Shadows, she was a witch lol.

If you wanted something Suttle you could do Jacklyn Winifred bc Jacklyn sounds like Jack o lantern. Lol

Love the name Salem for a girl , I’m reading a book now and her name is Salem

7 Likes

I have a Piper and a Raven :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay everyone made fun of me.
But I fell in love with Elvira.
Also Mavis and Lydia.

3 Likes

Samantha :tipping_hand_woman: I’m named after Samantha stevens from bewitched and my birthday is in october​:wink:

1 Like

Stevie after Stevie Nicks. My mom wanted to name me stevie but my dad wouldn’t allow it. I am 30 & still mad about it lol

So cool all these Halloween babies me and my girl are a few days before Halloween my whole family loves scary … :jack_o_lantern:

I like Charlotte or Samantha they sound Victorian and like they would be vampire names

1 Like

I’ve always thought Sloane was very mystic, no clue why lol

1 Like

I feel like if the birthday is Halloween you have no one will look at you funny for morticia… I think that name is SO elegant and witchy xD

1 Like

My daughter was born on Halloween and her name is Eliana. We call her Ellie. Ironically, her dad was also born on Halloween and I call them my ghost and my goblin :grin:

4 Likes