Does anyone else have really bad health anxiety?

Okay not mom related. But want to see if anyone else has gone through this. Does any other momma’s have really bad health anxiety or like a hypochondriac… like you make yourself believe something is wrong when there isn’t or your paranoid medically something is going to go wrong. How do you deal with it? How do you explain that to people? I feel stupid with having it but oh my god I’m struggling. I am in counseling

8 Likes

Yes and it’s horrible! The best thing I’ve started doing is noticing when I do unconscious “check ins”. This is when you randomly go “does my heart feel like it’s beating too fast?” Or any other random question pertaining to your body at that moment. Once you recognize that it’s just your compulsion making you focus on it you can quickly realize it’s not a worrisome issue. People who are having heart attacks don’t pause to think if they’re having one THEY KNOW. If something medically emergent is happening to your body it won’t be something you think randomly about, it will make itself well known. Hang in there. It’s tough! Glad to hear you’re in counseling :sparkling_heart:

I’ve lived a lifetime with it. Hard to stay in reality but anything that feels like a pattern you can trust is irrational and doesn’t need your attention

:raising_hand_woman: I ended up getting on anxiety meds! Has helped me a lot! But it took me almost 2 years to try them again after a horrible experience!

Me. I just remind myself that there’s nothing wrong until there’s something wrong. I did get a smart watch just to track my heart rate because I was worried how low mine runs :joy:

It’s real I go thru it take walks read books watch tv I can’t right now talk to hod an friends and family