Do you buy your kids a gift if you throw them a birthday party?

That’s hilarious :joy: Of course we have bought a present no matter! The best part for children is opening a present :gift: doesn’t have to be expensive! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::gift:

I agree. Party is the gift. Guests bring presents.

I get my kids gifts, but I don’t drop 2k on their parties.

I sure in the hell am not spending 2k on my kids party, definitely not getting a gift if thats the case.

I always do gifts on her actual birthday and I don’t give her anything at her party.

Seems like you could have made a cake brought several gifts and ice cream, Games and prizes for a 4 y.o

I still do gifts, in addition to the party. Especially for the little kids!  I might give them a gift or two at their party, but typically wait to give them the majority of their gifts on their actual birthday. I do around five gifts per birthday, until they hit the teenage years and their gifts are much more expensive! And the costs of parties varies greatly…. Some are less than $500 and others are closer to 1k. Just depends on what we’re doing.

1 Like

I always but my kids presents for their birthday

Yes, I throw a party and buy gifts

1 Like

To answer your question- with my son I always gave him a gift- but we would open at home.

I think if you’re throwing a party that’s 2k you’re throwing it for your guests not your kid. Lol

Cake, ice cream and a little decorations with birthday gifts. Who spends that much for a party? :thinking:

1 Like

Less on the party and definitely gift/s

3 Likes

Yes, a gift. 2k for a 4 year old party? Pass. Some balloons and a cake.

Gifts over a party at 4 years old, they don’t realise the price of things or care but will remember having no presents on their birthday that is… and at 2k I’d say your crazy…

2 Likes

A party is a celebration of the person to share with others. It’s not a gift. I would give a gift.

I would never in 10000 years spend 2k on a bday party

I always give my kids a couple of gifts on the day but at a birthday party no

2 THOUSAND DOLLARSSS?!?!! you know how much food i could get with that… :disappointed:

We always spend a minimum of 1k on parties. I try not to spend that much but still always end up doing so. But they also still get a gift.

I always get gifts as well

2k on a birthday party is excessive.

4 Likes

$2k for a 4yr old birthday party!!! R u nuts??!!

1 Like

We still buy quite a few gifts

I always do gifts. I also couldn’t imagine spending that much on a party though.

2k is a lot for a 4 year old birthday party

I would still get a gift. Even if its just a small one♥️

2k for a birthday party?! Ya that is definitely the gift

I think I’ll be the 150th person to say yes but iv never spent anywhere near 2k on a party and that’s insane

Yes, when we plan and throw the birthday party, we also buy them gifts as well.

Sounds like alot of money to spend on a party and especially a 4 year old.

I died at 2k girl pleaseeeee :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Why on earth would you spend that much? He will not remember it at all. He’s 4 do something simple and he will love it.

Boyd Gambrel Jr 2k for a child’s birthday party. Holy moly.

2k for a birthday party???wow just wow

Yes

Get pizza, cupcakes and juice boxes and go to a public park

2k in a 4 year old?! You’re setting the bar mad high for his sweet 16. :grimacing:

2 grand on a 4yr old?; are u a Kardashian?? I’m scared to know what his 8th birthday is gonna cost when he’ll actually remember it :grimacing: if u got that kind of money to blow on a party then yes get him a gift

I’m assuming with a 2k party you’re inviting a lot of people who will be bringing gifts— my guess is a kid that age wouldn’t care which gift came from whomever— it’s sure to be plenty of presents

to be honest i threw my kid big party last year, she got so many gifts and i completely forgot to get her a gift as i was so consumed by organizing this party​:joy::grimacing: she never said about it​:thinking::rofl: she was turing 11

1 Like

My son is turning four and we’re going to throw a party at a park without decorations really and purchase one big gift

3 Likes

If I throw a big party, which I thought meant spending like 200-300 they might get a gift or two but nothing big. The kids know the more that’s spent on a party, the less gifts they get from us. If there’s something big they want, they can have a few friends over to hang out with some snacks and pizza. My kids don’t even end up using what I buy them for Xmas and bdays so I’m about to just start making them choose trips/experiences cus atleast they’ll have those to remeber and some random stuff collecting dust.

He’s four… he’s not gone understand how much “effort” you put into his party. Get that baby a gift. That’s like buying a tree an decorations for Chritmas an being like okay guys tis the season. :upside_down_face:. Gifts are what the kids enjoy opening presents is LITERALLY the best part!!

I wouldn’t be spending 2k on a 4 year olds birthday. Promise they care more about gifts than a party at that age. Especially the little details that are probably just for grown ups to appreciate…

2K for a 4 year olds birthday party? That’s a lot of money. But to each their own. But my oldest is 8 years old and youngest is 17 months old. Every single birthday I always get him gifts. My youngest got gifts on his 1st birthday and will get gifts on his 2nd birthday. But definitely not doing 2K. That’s just crazy.

Who the hell spends $2k to throw a birthday party for a small child???

At that age party’s aren’t for the kids they are for the parents! Kids just want toys/presents and to play with their friends

I mean it’s my kid who else is going to throw them a birthday party of course I buy them a gift

Mine gets a gift no matter how much I spent on a party

$2,000 for a party? That’s absurd.

Two thousand dollars for a kid birthday party! That’s ridiculous.

Wth 2K for a party for a 4 yr old?
Wow

Yes I throw a party and then we give GIFTS on actual birthday.
Like you seriously expect a 4 yr to understand cash value?

A) why tf would you spend 2k on a 4 year old’s party?
B) YES you get your child (especially that young) a gift, the party is for memories, they can’t play with their memories the next day :joy:

Cost of your party for a 4 yo.is ridiculous. He wants gifts not dollars spent to impress people.

If you spend that much on a 4 year old birthday party then you are such a wasteful mother that’s about as dumb as you could get or just a big blow heart one

Is your child getting married or having a birthday party.
2k for a birthday party???

2K for a birthday party?!!

I feel like making him expect a party as a gift is kinda ridiculous :neutral_face: also why are you spending 2k for a 4 years old birthday party :woozy_face: thats just obnoxious especially thinking you shouldn’t get him a gift because you’re throwing him a party :woman_shrugging: GET THE KID A GIFT OR TWO

2 grand on a 4 year olds party? Jesus what is he having

2k on a party he won’t remember? Well I mean you obviously have deep pockets so why not get a gift too?

Spending 2K on a birthday party is nuts

Sounds like someone may be a bit of a braggart…

Uh yes? That’s your child.

2k for a 4 year olds birthday party?!! For a party he won’t remember?! And yes you always buy your kid a gift what is wrong with you

1 Like

Damm obviously u rich so yessss

2k on a party? Women you are nuts my kids have a BLAST with a party that maybe cost me 100 bucks tops!
Kids won’t remember the money you spend but the time you spend with them.

2k for a party for a 4 year old ? Bloody hell that’s a bit extreme cut down the cost of the party and then buy gifts I could never not buy my kids gifts for the birthday

I feel like the 2k for a 4 y.o. bday party is not for the birthday boy but rather to impress the other adults and to probably post on social media for likes… you could fly a 4 y.o. to Paris on a bounce house for 1 million dollars and they WILL NOT CARE about how much you spent on the party… but when said 4 y.o. goes to another kids party and that kid gets gifts he will then be sad and confused…

Remember we celebrate people the way they want to be celebrated NOT the way we think will get us the most attention.

We spend less than $500 on our parties. That’s renting a place, decorations, cupcakes and drinks. And we also get a gift for their actual birthdays (we do the party on a seperate dah, so we can celebrate as a family the day of) - we don’t bring one to the party.

Sounds like you’re spending $2k on a party for YOU, not your child. He’s only going to be 4. It shouldn’t be that over the top.

He’s 4
2k on a party is stupid.
Get that baby a gift.

9 Likes

it doesn’t matter if you went to the dollar store or if you paid thousands… you always get a present! we usually do our gift on the day or their birthday and then the party, the following weekend

$2000 for a 4yos bday party? Is this a party for him or you?

Whether you buy a gift or consider the party the gift is up to you. Last year we took my daughter on a vacation for her bday. She got souvenirs & experiences but so did the rest of us. So she got small gifts & money on her actual bday. It’s all up to you.

Sooooo what you’re telling me is you can spend 2k on a party but not presents :skull::rofl: the party will be one day and he’s 4, I wouldn’t go all out until he can actually appreciate it honestly. Well personally I’d never anyways lol but to answer your question yes, we always do party AND presents

Holly cow 2k on a 4 year old party when they won’t even really have a good memory of said party. You better take lots of pictures for that child to remember that 2k birthday party. I would have spent less money on the party and given them a gift. I ask my kid all the time if they remember things when they were that young with no memory.

Did you say 2k for a party for a 4yo cause thats what i judging…

This must be a joke because it’s of such poor judgement that I’m assuming someone posted it just to see what people would say about it?! Let’s be real… It’s anyone’s right to spend $2,000 on a kid’s party if they want to. But a parent who “can’t imagine still getting a gift” in addition needs to realize that the party is obviously for the benefit of the parent to stroke their Pinterest/Instagram induced ego than it could possibly be for a 4 year old child. A child who is four wants amazing presents first and foremost, a good dessert, and to see some friends and family that make them feel special. When you are 16, an over-the-top party MIGHT be the present. When you are 4, the party is NOT the present.

Yes get a gift. We typically spend no more than $200 on parties since it’s usually only friends that come. We take the rest and put it toward a trip of their choice. 2 of our girls birthdays are 2 weeks apart and this year they both want to go to the beach.

Well for one 2k on a party? Why? He’s 4 and right now “stuff” “gifts” are what’s important. While he may love and enjoy the party he will very likely feel left out and unloved if a gift isn’t given from Mom/Dad. Personal opinion is, 2k to me seems more like a look at us show off type party not a it’s about the child party. Dual back the party and get a gift.

Yeah, you buy your kids gifts for their bday. Party is not a gift. But also who tf spends 2k on a 4yr Olds party? I mean other than rich ppl? They aren’t even going to remember much of the party later in life.

Your 4yr old has no concept of money, or of how expensive “their” party was or is……
Keep that in mind.

Ask any child what they do on their birthday (or what a birthday means) most will say,
1)Cake
2)presents and MAYBE
3)family and friends

So my answer would be yes get them a gift to open.

Well no way in hell would I spend 2k on a birthday party let alone a 4th birthday and yes of course you still buy gifts. The party isn’t the gift. You decided to spend 2k for a few hours over getting them things they can keep or heck at 4yrs things they want to play with. This is beyond crazy even if I had 2k to throw away ever year.

Have a fabulous party for 600 bucks and get him gifts and then put the other 1000 in a savings account for a great trip .

I spend about $500 between decorations, food, drinks, plates napkins cups and silverware and then spend more on birthday gifts…. But I can’t imagine spending $2000 on a birthday.

Oh an your trying to reason with your child by explaining what your doing come on your child is 4 that is not something they can comprehend buy your 4 year old child a gift

That’s your very own opinion we always did buy gifts even though we throw a big party but he will have gifts from other people so you don’t really have to.

2k for a 4th birthday!!!

Four year olds care about gifts not the party.

They will not remember it

$2k?!??! Girl take that baby on a vacation! Memories and experiences are worth much more than a party!

I always buy a gift regardless if they are getting a party.

Go 2 k for 4th birthday party.

Yes get that baby a gift

He’s not going to remember the party. The gifts he will have for a long time.

Aww yes got to give a gift wouldn’t seem right to me xx

We set a $500 budget that had to include the party then anything left over we spent on gifts

Lol he’s 4 toddlers like toys they don’t understand money and time

I buy my kids gifts and do the party

If I had the choose between a symbolic party as a gift or a gift for a 4 yo, I’d get them some toys.

I consider the party a gift.

We stopped doing gifts on her third birthday and started going to a place of her choice! But he’s also 4… if the party is 2k dollars it’s because YOU wanted a big party… properly not him. My daughters party will be about 150-$200 this year and we will go to place/weekend of her choice for an experience. Just my opinion :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2k? Wtf no. But yes get him a gift