Do I Have a Right to Kick Out My Boyfriend?

This question was submitted to our community via our Facebook page and/or our Answers forum. Responses are also taken from the community. If you have your own parenting or relationship question you would like answers to, submit on Facebook or Answers.

QUESTION:

"I am told I am being unreasonable. Short of the story. My boyfriend let our 3-year-old to watch YouTube on his phone. He didn’t delete his Facebook messages. And one popped up where he was asking a woman for p***y pictures. Well according to my boyfriend our 3-year-old must have sent that message. I want him out of my house. And yes rent is in my name… and all the bills are in my name because he moved in with me. Do I have the right to kick him out? And he has no job so all the bills are paid for by me."

RELATED: Dad Kicks Adult Daughter Out After She Destroyed Love Letters From His Late Wife

TOP ANSWERS (AS SELECTED BY MODERATOR):

The following top answers have been selected by a moderator from hundreds of responses to the original question.

"Depending on your state, if he refuses to leave & gets mail there, you might have to evict him"

"Yup kick him out no 3 year old is going to type that to a random female"

"You might have to legally evict him but that’s just going down to the courthouse and filling out paperwork and he’ll be served"

"You will have to give him notice move out. In writing. Check your state laws."

"Yes but if he has been there awhile you have to have him legally evicted and give him 30 day notice depending on your state laws. I would kick him to the curb for sure"

"You have to legally evict him. File in court. Where I am it costs like $50 to file."

"In my state, if someone is living with you for more than 90 days, you have to give them 30 days eviction notice. Whether they’re name is on the lease or not."

"He’s got 30 days and you will have to legally evict him"

"If he has mail coming there he has squatters rights"

"You can try to kick him out without a fight, but if he doesn’t want to go you will have to evict him to get him out. Him on the lease or not."

Have a response to this question? Leave it below to help a mama out! Or leave your own question and get responses from real moms!

READ ALL ANSWERS BELOW:

https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/do-i-have-a-right-to-kick-out-my-boyfriend/19530/