Can you drink orange juice while breastfeeding?

Is orange juice ok if you’re breastfeeding? I tried google says avoid if you have a low milk supply? My supply isn’t much right now each time I pump I’m only able to get 2 oz.

1 Like

Its because it isnt hydrating and high in acid leading to acud reflux and other problems, take antacids, drink more water eat more you should be able to up ur production a little. Stress plays a big factor as well, eat a snack while you pump or breast feed and drink a glass of ice water or flavored water with electrolytes and pump more and longer. Promise you will have a positive outcome.

I’ve never heard of orange juice affecting breastfeeding, but I know dehydration affects supply directly. As long as you are balancing your hydration I don’t see orange juice being an issue.
I’m on my 3rd round of breastfeeding and I drink orange juice, sodas, coffee, energy drinks, liquid iv, etc daily, but I also make sure I’m drinking actual water too. I try to drink 2 40oz waters a day.

Its just because it is not hydrating!! Nothing wrong with drinking it but you still have to drink your water

How old is baby? You are probably making just the right amount!
Your pump output could be lots of different reasons. Not the right pump, flange, size, not enough water, not enough protein. Hang in there! As far as orange juice. I’ve never heard that you can’t drink it. I don’t believe a glass would hurt

1 Like