Can my husband be taken off child support?

You’re absolutely suppose to be getting visitation with that child support. It’s not ok to support kids you can’t see! You will have to take her back to court but I don’t think you can get out of the child support but she will get in trouble for denied visits and you should be able to see the kids again.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
Ok your special huh??? :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
I’m sorry but some yall might get mad at my “BLUNTNESS”
FIRST of yall this really isnt NON your business!!! Any COURT well tell you that. And THE COURT dont care if YOUR his wife!!! Oh my!!! God bless your special heart sweetie!!! I really cant say NOTHING ELSE!!!

Seriously? Child support has nothing to do with visitation…his obligations do not change because the adults can’t play nice…If this was about how to legally attain his rights as a father is gladly advise you…but since your question seems to be more about avoiding his responsibilities as a father most of what Im thinking bout you would get me banned likely.

10 Likes

I can see both sides. The idiot withholding the children is the MAIN one in the wrong and she could easily move out of state making enforcement nearly impossible. Maybe the father doesn’t have money to fight her. So instead of being ugly about your ‘opinions’ , try to be a decent human being and look at BOTH sides. Some of y’all need religion. Or a reality check.

File for a hearing with child support enforcement for the child support issue, or go to family court for custody/visitation rights.

He’s gotta pay for his kids, get over it

3 Likes

Really ? Not 1 mention of going to courthouse to file motion for visitation!..He made the babies…now it is his obligation to take care of them…

6 Likes

Why as a woman would you ask such a question like this. He still has to Support his kids even if he don’t see them He can go court to get visitation.

6 Likes

Whether he sees the child/children it’s law he has to pay. Why have children if you don’t want to financially support them? And as for you being the ‘new’ wife, who gives you the god given right to have any form of opinion? Both my husband and I have children from previous relationships and I would never tell him not to pay for his children!!

Absolutely not. The courts’ point of view is that children still need to eat and have a roof over their heads. Child support has nothing to do with how much visitation the non-custodial parent gets.

15 Likes

For once, I’m glad I read the comments. Well done ladies!!!

2 Likes

Nice, can my husband become a greedy deadbeat that doesnt financially support his kids? That’s kinda what it sounds like…

Dumb pay or try to see ur kids

1 Like

Please tell me this is a fking joke. He make a kid weather he’s in the child life has nothing to do with supporting HIS child. Ffs

3 Likes

Family court…get visitation

3 Likes

Yes he is financial responible for those kids even if he doesn’t see, he helped make them. Why in the hell would you even ask such a stupid question in the first place. If he doesn’t like it then take her back to court,

5 Likes

Child support isnt paying to see them. He psys bc hes not around more than 50% of the time. He wants to pay less he can see them and support them on weekends. That usually lessens child support but if being absent thats shitty. In fact, she could ask for more. Men cant just ask to not pay child support or there would be millions of kids and moms w out help. Nice try though. And in fact if u get married you can help him pay it bc of your income.

5 Likes

He needs to support his child regardless of his hers need to seing kid or not contact has nothing to do with child support support not tell hi to get a lawyer and apply to the courts to get a parenting order it’s a lung process goodluck

Why not go to court and ask for visitation instead?

2 Likes

I thought he would still
Have to pay or support his children finacally

He should be looking to see his kids. They need their father too, and he should support them. !

2 Likes

Hmm! You were seeing the child usually and all the sudden she didn’t want to the kids to see their dad ? That is odd, something happened… and now she asks that question… this sounds weird… child support is child support regardless. There is no, if I want to pay. This sounds more her than the dad. Just saying :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I believe if a parent signs over all rights to a child they do not have to pay support. This happened with my mom and her first child. The man was very wealthy but didn’t want anything to do with the kid. He was allowed to sign over rights. She met him when she was 18. My dad went through not being able to see his kid and after trying for a long time he did the same thing because he was never granted visitation. Yes your husband should pay for his kids but why should a woman sit back and collect when he’s not allowed to see his children? Y’all don’t know the situation. This man will decide if he wants to be in his child’s life and just what it means to him.

If he is not allowed to see them and is not granted visitation. If there is no bond which sometimes lets
Face it father or mother sometimes there is not. I believe he can sign over his rights.
But you would have to check.

Umm he need to pay child support. These are his children. He also needs a family court lawyer to help him get visitation or joint custody. If she still keeps them away there’s consequences

3 Likes

Your husband needs to pay his fucking child support and you should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking he shouldn’t.

9 Likes

Boy, you opened up a big can of worms with this inquiry :joy:. Pay your child support, petition court for visits. You mentioned “we” in your inquiry…no sister, you don’t have rights to see the kid, only your husband does. Maybe if you stayed out of the middle of things they would have a better parenting relationship.

8 Likes

So you want your husband to be a deadbeat dad? This is a joke, right?

4 Likes

You can’t just not pay child support anymore because you don’t want to… not how that works. He is financially responsible for the child until they’re 18. If you don’t pay it’ll judt add up and add up.

How the hell can any woman be like hey husband don’t take care of your kid anymore?? Smh

6 Likes

No. It is up to the courts. The custodial parent has a way of legally declining but I have never heard of anyone doing it ( I have heard of them saying they will, but then they don’t do it). I just wish there was a way to ensure that child support actually is used for the children’s benefit.

2 Likes

Yes he can get off of paying child support if she is refusing to let him see the child. But first he has to report every single time she refuses and take her to court first then see what they say… my ex’s friend got off bc his ex refused to let him see the kids and when they gave her court dates she failed to show up (We live in Texas).

It’s his child! Child support has to be paid period!

3 Likes

Child support isn’t a voluntary thing it’s mandatory. If he laid his ass down with her and made that child he’s going to be responsible and pay for it until that child turns 18 regardless if the child gets seen or not. As far as visiting rights if she’s refusing he can take her selfish ass to court and mandate her for it. That’s negligent on her behalf. So he pays and she allows visits that’s how it works! Now if they were both a bit grown up they’d put aside their bitter quarrel and act like great parents so that the child can grow up with a little peace and decency!

3 Likes

Child support is to support the child regardless of whether you see, know, or care about the child. He created it he pays for it until it’s 18. Period!!! You don’t pay child support for contact or visitation. What he can do is take her to court for visitation but if he loses he still pays child support unless he wants to relinquish parental rights

2 Likes

So you are prepared to go to courthouse for him to stop paying for his child, but for two years you wasn’t bothered to go to court to fight to see the kid again. Jesus woman you are one of a kind. You should be ashamed of yourself.

11 Likes

Wtf!!! Why would your husband not want to help with supporting a child he helped create? Regardless if he sees the child or not, he should still pay!!!Sounds like a fucking dead beat if you ask me! Hes willing to go to court to stop child maintenance but he’s not willing to go to court to fight to have some visitation with his child🤷🏻‍♀️ Wow!!! Just wow!! As a woman I’d thought you’d of helped encourage him and give him support to pay or even to fight for some visitation, just remember the child was here before you and that child should be his number 1 priority!!! Gtfoh.

4 Likes

Just because he’s not seeing his child why shouldn’t he pay for them? That child still needs clothes and food etc just because the mother is an arsehole doesn’t mean he should be too

1 Like

Why is your only question about getting him off child support, not how he is able to see his kids again after 2yrs? And why has i taken so long for either of you to do anything?

5 Likes

Doesn’t matter if he does t see they they still need feeding… Go down another path to see them instead

2 Likes

Jesus Fucking Christ :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Still trying to wrap my brain around the fact he hasnt seen his child in two years…Really?

In the state of MS you pay regardless if you see them of not. But also she can’t keep you from seeing the child without a court order. If he hasn’t seen his child that’s his bad, he could have taken her to court an possibly gotten custody. But it sound like that’s not what he wanted or he would have fought for his rights.

Child support isn’t a choice its an obligation. If your husband isn’t seeing his children its a choice. If he wanted to see them he would have already gone to a lawyer. If the children are 100% with the mother his support would probably increase.

6 Likes

You’re a real piece of work

5 Likes

I think his priorities should be going to court about getting access back not stopping paying for his kid

9 Likes

He needs to sue her for visitation. Get a lawyer and go from there. If they have a child support order and not a custody agreement he needs to get one. The 2 aren’t a one stop thing.

1 Like

A father SHOULD still pay to support his children no matter what

5 Likes

He could give up his rights since apparently he doesn’t want to see them bad enough and he doesn’t want to support them :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Selfish much. Yinz need to fight for them kids not money

We were fine with seeing him… what does that mean? Like you were fine with seeing him… whoa says that? Wtf pay for those kids so we don’t have to ninny

1 Like

“If he doesn’t want to pay child support anymore”…? Wow!

1 Like

That all I have to say😳

1 Like

Lol umm seeing the child and paying child support are two totally separate things!! NO he can’t get out of paying child support!?? And if he wants to see his kid he had to file in court for contempt of the parenting plan!? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m going to court today for child support with my fiancé and his ex wife. I’m going to tell you what I told him. NO one is going to help you but you! You need to be your own advocate - if he wants to see his kids get to family court and file a motion to bring her to court. You don’t need a lawyer as many represent themselves- but unfortunately child support is a necessary evil. The mother alone without the court cannot just remove visitation! That’s for a judge to decide. Heck his ex wife wants to move to the next state over and may not be able to sue to the court even though we agreed! So - tell him to be his own advocate and fight for the right to see his kids but not paying isn’t an option as it’s for the benefit of his children (even though I think child support was created in a time when most women didn’t work and needs to be revamped to today’s standards)

Child support is not rent
He has to pay it he has no choice. Why isn’t he fighting to see his kids? Why hasn’t he talked to a lawyer?

4 Likes

He has to pay get over it

2 Likes

My question is how could someone wait 2 years to see their kids ? If you’re willing to find out how to stop paying for kids ( which is ridiculous!) You should have been more willing to fight to see them. How could you go 2 years without seeing them!!! Disgusting!!!

Honey, he is in child support because he have a child… child support have nothing to do with the custody… and no, it doesn’t matter if he see or not the kids, he still have to pay child support

2 Likes

Do they have a parenting plan? If they do and shes keeping the child from him, she can be held in contempt. If they dont, then he needs to go to court and fight for his right to see his child, not to drop his child support.

GO TO COURT and have judge to parenting plan!!! Go today!! If she is NOT in compliance with the judge’s order - she can get in trouble. But pay the child support- it’s the “right” thing to do!!!

No but he can demand visitation

I feel bad for the child in all of this… I can’t even imagine GETTING STUCK with a father and stepmother who obviously didn’t give two shits and were willing to give up on them so easily …:cry:

6 Likes

He hasn’t seen his child for 2 years and he’s wondering how to get off of child support instead of how to see him?

5 Likes

Nope. Cause the courts only care about the children, not the parents. So his child support is helping the mother somehow.
I agree with other comment, he can sign his rights over, sense its obvious they ain’t worth him fighting for.

Go see Steve Lopez attorney at law Corpus Christi explain the situation to him. The father is paying child support and from what you are saying he continues to pay child support. He IS entitled to visitation rights. Especially IF he has documentation via Texas Child Support Dist. Unit in San Antonio. Check into it.

No but he can request a visiting schedule with his kids.

Child support is a whole different court than visitation.
Sounds to me he just gave up. To me if he wanted to see his kids he would have by now. So this is more about not wanting to pay than seeing his kids. Make him get up and go to the court house. Signing over his rights is the only way he wont have to pay. It sounds to me that he doesn’t care much about his kids if he let all the years go by…

1 Like

Child support has nothing to do with visitation. If he has a court ordered visitation get her for violation of a court order. If not take her to court for visitation. That’s all you can do. If you have waited this long to even reach out for advice why did you? Obviously this is just cause he doesn’t want to pay support and nothing about seeing his child.

2 Likes

Nope. Child support has to be paid if he sees the child or not.

2 Likes

Get visitation established and enforced. Child support continues regardless of whether you see the child. Kids gotta eat even when you’re not looking.

3 Likes

Heather Hewitt-Bronisz do you realize that parents of kids who enter the foster system (without losing the parents by death) are also required to pay child support on their kids in foster care. The states usually order it regardless. Also even if he signed his rights over…most courts still keep the child support obligations going due to the fact that most people try to do that to get out of child support. He should really be more concerned with trying to find his children and have an order placed to see them than to take it out on them trying to not pay support to help provide for them. Just my option.

If there is a visitation agreement, she can be held in contempt of court, but unless she allows him to relinquish his parental rights he is required to pay child support till the child is 18.

Its not to make him mad…it took two to create that child and he has to be financially responsible.

2 Likes

Really !!!
Why not just take her to count for visitation ? Why are the children paying the price for peoples stupidly ? These children did not ask to be put in the middle of bitter parents !!!

2 Likes

Child support is in place because he’s the father in record so no he can’t be taken off just because he hasn’t seen his child. He can go and get scheduled and mandatory visitation and if he feels the support is too high he can get a modification to lower it. Crazy that he has just sat back and allowed this woman to control the narrative and not made any efforts to legally be in his life. Like WTH! Go to court!!!

2 Likes

Child support and visitation are two separate cases. A parent cannot withhold visitation over child support. It’s actually illegal to do so and they can lose custody over that.

The non-custodial parent must pay child support if it was court required.

Visitation is based off of the custody papers and what the court has determined to be in the best interest of the child.

If you want to take the visitation issue to court, then do so, but they will require proof that the custodial parent is not adhering to the courts requirements. They will more than likely conduct a mediation hearing to come to a resolution, but it could also go in many other ways as well.

1 Like

He will need to sign to give away all his parental rights and guardianship away. At least that’s how it used to be. I don’t know about nowadays.

He can not stop paying child support but he can petion the courts for visitaion why he wait 2 years to do this

1 Like

Your husband made the kids so why should he not support them at least financially? What was the reason why he cannot see them anymore? He can however have visitation rights if he is paying support unless he can’t for some reason.

1 Like

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Weather he sees the kids or not he still has an obligation to pay child support for them. He needs to get a lawyer to file a visitation motion in juvenile court & wait for a hearing date. If he knows what he’s doing he can file the motion himself. It doesn’t cost that much to file on your own & if he’s low on funds, pays out a lot of money or is on a fixed income he can file indigent & may have to pay nothing or lil at all. At least that’s how it is here in OHIO.

Support and visitations are two separate issues

1 Like

Sit tf down ! THAT MAN NEEDS TO PAY FOR HIS DAMN KID !

10 Likes

The child support is for the kids weather you see them or not!! Maybe write down everything that has happened and take her to court to see your kids?

1 Like

Custody and child support are 2 separate issues.
Your HUSBAND should have filed for custody or vistiation at this point.
But apparently he hasn’t.

Which… makes me think… he’s telling you she wont let him see the kids.

When in reality if he followed the proceedure…
She wouldnt be able to keep him from seeing his kids.

Stop making excuses for him and blaming her for his lack of action.

And it doent matter if she wanted to make him mad or not. He made a child HE needs to support said child.
And the fact that you’re only worried about the financial aspect of it all…

Seems to explain exactly WHY she put him on CS…and probably part of why he hadn’t felt the need to push the issue of being an active parent in his children’s life.

9 Likes

Why would you think he doesn’t need to pay child support? Do you think it doesn’t cost anything to raise a child? It’s still his child regardless if he sees them or not.

4 Likes

He can file a violation of visitation with the courts if she’s keeping him from seeing them, but no, he helped makes the child/children he is responsible for paying for the child.

He has to pay No getting out of that I don’t think

1 Like

Nope. He can petition for visitation but of course he’s going to have to help support his kid? What’s wrong with you? Why would you encourage him to be a deadbeat?

3 Likes

Sounds like the step mom is the one who doesn’t want to pay js

5 Likes

he chose to have children, he is going to be forced to take care of them him if he chooses not to pay - TAKE CARE OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES

1 Like

It doesn’t matter if he want to stop paying child support. HE HAS TO PAY REGARDLESS IF HE WANT TO OR NOT! Take the baby momma to court over visitation. The kid still needs to be supported even if he doesn’t get to see them. Stop being a POS!

2 Likes

A lot of women calling him a deadbeat but it must be hard for men when they actively want to be in there child life and mother stops contact (for no valid reason) and then they have to still continue to pay support (of course responsibilities must be taken care of) and they pay again to go court for visitation. so I can understand why the question is being asked.

3 Likes

Nope …now a Child support is a must and y would he not be held financial responsibility for the children , b support and visitation is not tied together and SHOULD NOT MATTER…DO U WANT THE CHILD TO SUFFER ?? pay the support and file for visitation

It is possible but you must go to court and fight it or fight for visitation rights.

1 Like

The child is still his responsibility to provide for even if he does not see the child.

Have him amend the custody agreement if he wants to see his child more.

1 Like

No. But he can take her to court for visitation if not already in place. It’s common states take money from paychecks. It wasn’t mom. It prevents saving money for states having to chase fathers in default

The courts will tell him if he wants to see them file for custody/visitation. Either way he is obligated to pay support. It’s up to him to get the courts to order visitation schedule for kids/him. If your husband doesnt want visitation of minor children, he still is obligated to pay… Until the age of 18 or graduates high school.

Visitation and access are completely separate from child support. If he’s not being given access to his children then there are avenues to deal with that, that he’s clearly chosen not to pursue. Regardless of the mother’s attitude, his children have every right to be supported by BOTH parents. I’d be a bit more concerned about what type of father is not willing to fight for their own children, had to have the mother ‘put him on child support’, and is now actively trying to get out of his responsibilities by not supporting his own children. It’s disappointing that a woman would approve of a man doing that. He cannot choose to stop paying Childsupport and it’s disgusting that he should even want to stop supporting this children.

8 Likes

I think the question you meant to ask as a mother would be can my husband petition the court for visitation at least and maybe give her a little extra help like an occasional pair shoes or coat maybe … School supplies… I could go on 🤦 #wantsoffofhisresponsibility