Anyone elses kid have sensitivity issues?

Hi all, I am looking for anyone who has or has had experience with children having sensitivity issues. My 15 month old son refuses to wear hats, sunglasses, blankets, etc, ever since he could take it off himself. I try everyday and he just won’t do it. When he started solids he was very sensitive to alot of textures, and I know that’s probably normal, but now lately he’s been spitting all his food out. Not because he doesn’t like it, because he chews it up for a bit then spits it out and wants more. I’m wondering if the 2 are connected or if it’s just a phase.

1 Like

He’s a normal child , everything , does not have to be a sensitivity issue , babies have done these things for years, he a baby , maybe he don’t like hats or blankets , and really you expect him to leave sun glasses on, , wow he’s 15 monthes old not 7 he’s learning , he has likes and dislikes just like everybody else, and guess what he spits his food out because he can , not nessesairly , because he doesn’t like it , . Why do people need to try to label everything , let them be babies , people act like babies are suppose to behave like their 13 , when in all reality, they are not even a year old, .

4 Likes

my daughter has sensitivity issues. has sense she was a baby. food adversions smells, textures, ect. its hard. but eventually they do get better. i have noticed it happens more when she is tired. food adversions always, but we deal and she is fine.

1 Like

We had oral aversion with our son. And alot of the food things you talked about he did.
He hated anything sweet and ate goldfish, greenbeans, Granny Smith applesause and mashed potatoes…with occasionally chicken nuggets and occasionally what ineas eating until he was almost three.

Take your concerns to his Peds or your states early intervention team. It’s the CDSA in NC they did an evaluation on our son and provided services. He was a 33 week preemie and he needed the extra help so glad I found them. He is 9 now and does great!

2 Likes

It could be sensory issues, autism, or it could just be a 15 month old exercising control :woman_shrugging: pay attention to the things he WILL eat & see what they have in common. I’ve never met a 15 month old who left their sunglasses or hats on lol

2 Likes