Anyone elses husband not allowed to go to their doctor appointments?

I got pregnant in April with my second baby. I live in SoCal (lots of CoVid cases) so expectations were set by my provider from the beginning. It was rough and heart breaking for me because my husband attended all my appointments for baby #1 except my 20 week ultrasound (because he got called into work last minute). I was hoping they would make an exception since no video/photos are allowed. Since it was a radiology tech that did the ultrasound, results were not given to me at that time. The following day is when I got a call saying baby had lots of excess fluids in both kidneys and would need to be monitored going forward. Still no support person allowed. It’s been ROUGH going to those additional diagnostic appointments by myself, knowing I’ll be getting bad news each time. But I also understand the time we are living in, so my heart has been torn this entire pregnancy. I see you. I hear you. I relate to you. Try to mentally prep for those sessions. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. And have hubby on the phone or in the car waiting as soon as you walk out the door.

If they allow one person to be in the birthing room during the pandemic they should make an allowance for a spouse to be there or a partner I think I would look for another provider

I had all my appointments with all 3 of my kids alone. My ex husband worked in the oilfield and couldn’t get off work to go. I was grateful that he was there when he got off work to help and comfort me. I just remembered that some girls are all alone and have no one.

We are 36 weeks pregnant and the only appoint my fiancé was allowed to come to was the 20 week ultra sounds other wise I have had to face time him. Thankfully he’s allowed in for delivery but he can not leave at all or he can’t come back in which is difficult because we have 4 other children.

I found a different facility to do my ultrasound that allowed him in the room. I just had to make a few calls!

You totally have this. I’m sure everything will be fine. Take a deep breath.

I think it’s bs. The dad may not be carrying the baby but it’s still their child and they are missing things they can’t get back

I just had a baby in October. My husband wasn’t allowed to ANY of my appointments

We are fortunate enough to live in regional Australia, where my husband is able to attend appointments with me. However with our first child a few years ago I was always video calling him when visiting the NICU so maybe that would be an option?

Can he wait in the car if you do need him?

Everyone in the world… it’s only one person at any doctors office has been that way for over 6 months now

Video call your hubby …