Am I pregnant after tubes have been removed?

The only way you can get pregnant after you’ve removed your tubes is through ivf or by a miracle somehow your egg traveled without the tubes lol :joy: I had mine removed to but I didn’t have those symptoms. My periods are a bit more severe and messed up . :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I made sure my doctor cut, cauterized and clipped off

Whatever happens I’d like an update because if it’s pregnancy that’s a miracle

9 Likes

With your tubes removed? I would say to call the obgyn and get their opinion.

Go to the doctors ASAP and get everything checked out.

See a obgyn, then you’ll know what is going on better

Can happen. Sometimes we have extra of a body part.

Type of shit that would happen to me :joy: nothing I mean nothing prevents pregnancy for me

Stay calm and make an appointment with your doctor!

Go to doctor and get blood test

Your tubes can grow back from what I heard Lol

Are they tied or been removed?

Because everyone is answering as you said tied… but if you had them removed, I don’t think you would have a period. And if they were removed you would have egg release to get pregnant.

Tied is a whole different story.

2 Likes

It’s possible for them to grow back. Do you normally heal really quickly from things? They most likely cause though is an ectopic pregnancy which is dangerous. Call your OB ASAP.0

I’ve heard you can go through menopause after having both tunes removed xx could be that or your body adjusting to not having something that was there :thinking:

1 Like

Lol how about asking a real doctor?..instead of a Facebook group…

Asmaa Ennamar El-Alaoui

1 Like

Following! Had mine removed in November!

I’m curious now keep us updated!!

2 Likes

If the ends weren’t burnt, its possible.

1 Like

Very possible. Some tubes can actually heal back together and depending on if they cauterized the tubes or put loops on them the loops could’ve failed. I would schedule an appt with your Primary Care for confirmation of HCG levels and ultrasound to detect heartbeat

1 Like

I wouldn’t think you would still have pregnancy hormones four months later but I’m not a doctor either. Probably best to make an appointment. All the best

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am I pregnant after tubes have been removed? - Mamas Uncut

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am I pregnant after tubes have been removed? - Mamas Uncut

1 Like

Doctor told me b4 that there is a higher percentage of getting pregnant with tubes tied then there is with a good contraception… Always thought it was the doctor trying to stop me due to my age and only having 1 child but I have found so many people fall pregnant after tubes tied…

13 Likes

Anything medically related should be forwarded to your medical provider aka doctor, not social media. Clearly something isn’t right but nobody here is going to be able to provide you with the absolute to put your mind at ease except for your doctor. Hope all goes well!

2 Likes

Yes you could be pregnant. Get to the dr as soon as possible as the fetus might be implanted in a dangerous place and could be putting you in jeopardy. :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

See a Dr. I had pregnancy attached to colon, not in tube or uterus. Dr. ruptured it doing a d&c because he thpught I miscarried. I nearly bled out.

5 Likes

Did you have them removed or cut or tied off? I had mine cut and cauterized years ago. I never became pregnant again. I had it done when my youngest was 4 and he is almost 40.

3 Likes

I had tubal ligation using the clips. One of the clips moved out of place and I ended up pregnant. After the pregnancy I had my tubes removed, but doctor told me I still have a 1%chance of getting pregnant

2 Likes

Please contact your doctor/OB. No one here is going to know whether you are pregnant or not. A simple call to and appointment with your doctor can clear this all up. Otherwise, you’re going to stress yourself out with the “what-if’s”. You need a real answer from a medical professional, not Facebook.

96 Likes

Sit down. I was pregnant with my third child when I had my tubes TIED. My period was due at the time of surgery. Never got it. Had a beautiful son. Fast forward months later I am pregnant again. After this child was born they went back in to REMOVE the tubes and found a hole in it. So those little swimming must have sonar. It is what it is.

7 Likes

I think she was kind hoping someone else had gone through this…I do agree that you should go to the doctor and please let us know what happens!

14 Likes

Worst surgery of my life!!! 10 out of 10 do not recommend. They sent me home with a perforated bowel… I was very close to death.

8 Likes

Positive tests are rarely wrong.

12 Likes

Maybe you were pregnant at the time of surgery but to early to test?

3 Likes

Wow! They don’t tie and burn the ends anymore? Well that’s a crazy situation she’s in!

It is possible though highly unlikely. As a student of medicine ,I would suggest you to visit a doctor to verify this as there can be some other cause also.

8 Likes

Personally, I think you are pregnant. When pregnancy test is positive it’s POSITIVE. Negatives could be both, negative or positive. You should go to your OB ASAP! Hope the best!

5 Likes

By four months the hormones from that baby should be gone. Go see your ob

3 Likes

I had my tubes removed and my ob told it’s literally almost completely impossible to get pregnant again but if by extremely rare case the sperm can still attach to an egg (I’m not sure how I don’t remember how he explained it) but it won’t implant into your uterus Bc you don’t have tubes there anymore that lead to the uterus

8 Likes

My mom had her tubes tied and still got pregnant but unfortunately she lost the baby

You said Both your Fallopian Tubes were Removed ! I have read of women having twins born months apart because two eggs were past together but only one got fertilized at a time, months apart. You say you easily got pregnant, this might have been what happened to you !

7 Likes

Enough residual hormones to get a positive at 4 months is pretty unlikely. It’s not unheard of for tube tie/removal to reverse themselves, I’d say straight to the doctor.

7 Likes

Please calm your nerves if it’s an unexpected pregnancy,the fith one of course. Guinness world records is there for issues of this nature.All the bes

Go back to the Surgeon that was supposed to have removed the Fallopian tubes and ask for tests. I would want him to fix things. Good luck and God Bless You.

6 Likes

My baby is gonna be 3 months old on the 8th and I had mine removed. Still haven’t started my period yet either. I took a test but was negative. Called ob they said if haven’t started in two weeks call bk and let them know. If I were u I’d get ahold of ur ob ASAP.

I got pregnant after my tubes were tied, almost killed me. They had to surgically remove the baby and my right tube. A year and a half later I was pregnant again.

1 Like

As an RN I had a patient who the husband had a vasectomy and the mom(also an RN) had a tubal ligation…and they ended up with a 4th baby…I told her that God had special plans for that child!!!

19 Likes

I would get to the doctor immediately and get an ultrasound. Its extremely rare to get pregnant after getting tubes removed. If you are pregnant, chances are you have an ectopic pregnancy, and you need to have it removed immediately.

I mean isn’t it possible that an egg was in your uterus at the time of surgery and then it became fertilized after surgery :thinking:
I’m going in for mine on Tuesday and that’s my biggest fear of getting pregnant after having surgery :woozy_face:

I had a friend that got pregnant after same procedure. Apparently it can happen.

After having my son. 40 years ago, it was a very hard pregnancy, my doctor , tied, cut and burn my tubes, he said he was making sure I never got pregnant again! Thank you Doctor Curtis!

All these stories r freaking me out. We also get preggies easily :sob:and I’ve cut tubes too

4 Likes

Please don’t tell me this, I’ve had MY tubes removed after getting pregnant with my tubes TIED, I can’t go thru that again!!

My mom got her tubes tied and got pregnant but they obviously had to terminate it

I recently discussed this with my ob and she cautioned that I could still get pregnant after having it done so it’s definitely possible

I had my tubes tied and git pregnant and found out he only did one side was tied. Found out i was pregnant 6 weeks later.

It happens to 11 out of every 1000 women I was told this year when i got my tubes clamped after baby number 6. I do not want to be 1 of those 11women :flushed:

Tubes can become untied. In order to be sure they need to be cut and tied.

If you get pregnant after a tubal there is a much higher chance of it being ectopic (not in the uterus) which is LIFE THREATENING. Go to your OB.

I know people who’ve had kids after getting tubes done

If im not mistaken so long as your body is producing eggs you can get pregnant. Rare but it can happen.

Definitely go see your doctor. Also a heads up your tubes can grow back but it’s a low chance.

I had a friend get her tubes tied after her third child. She ended up pregnant again and it was a tubal pregnancy and had to be aborted. She was a mess through the whole ordeal.

Please stop looking to social media for medical advice. It is much more efficient and safer to get medical advice from actual trained professionals… getting medical advice from untrained people will do anything but calm your nerves…

Should probably make a doctor’s appointment just in case.

Sometimes other things like a UTI can cause a positive pregnancy test

I had mine removed they said it’s :100: effective. Unless they messed up somehow.

1 Like

Maybe you had a third tube. You really need to go see your doctor, and find out what’s up.

In i young person Dr. Are reluctant to cut and tied incase you change your mind of your circumstances change such as having a new partner and want another child.

1 Like

Why are people talking about having their “tubes tied?” This is not the same as having tubes REMOVED.
Girl, you’re not pregnant.

A visit to the Dr will clear this up. I wish you all the best for whatever the answer is.

3 Likes

If your medical team had of been doing there jobs right they would have informed you and hell by the looks most of the women commenting that you can indeed still fall pregnant, hell I had to search for the information for my self however the risks are low but can still happen, dam I think its time we stop looking at the staff for the needed information because obviously they don’t care

Get a quant from your doctor. Could be an ectopic

Did you do a home preg test?

Some methods of Salphingectomy have a high failure rate. Which method was used while yours?

You can get pregnant within the first 7 years after having this done most time the pregnancy will be a tubal pregnancy and you will not have another baby will require to have a type of surgery to remove the baby because you can die

Y’all don’t tell me this. I had mine removed last year :crazy_face::dizzy_face:😵‍💫

3 Likes

Honey , if you’re pregnant Jesus wants that baby here , so congratulations would be in order ! Probably like you said though , hormones .

Better check with the doctor that did your surgery

Damn don’t tell me that I just got my removed in dec I have a 8 mo old

1 Like

I believe that if you are meant to be born you’ll be born.

This is why we have doctors. Go see one.

1 Like

Best to get checked out. Positive usually means positive

1 Like

Yes ask Facebook I’m sure you’ll get the exact answer you want.

Do an ultrasound and blood work

Best thing to do is go see a doctor

definetly sounds like your pregnant id call your dr

Make sure you are not pregnant first…you can have a impregnated egg attached somewhere other than your uterus or tubes. Hoping they actually did remove those tubes if not then the surgeon could have messed up.

Maybe go get a blood test instead of asking internet strangers? A positive HPT is usually a good indication of pregnancy. The odds of a false positive are much less likely than a false negative. But, seriously, ask a medical provider medical questions.

Yes it can happen. Speak with your physician

How long before surgery/after surgery did sexual act take place ?
I guess it wouldn’t be impossible to have ovulated just before surgery and could have gotten pregnant immediately after (?)

1 Like

Oh FFS call your doctor and make an appointment. :roll_eyes:

Ultrasound will reveal your questions!

You need an ultrasound and a blood test. Go to the doctor ASAP.

Go see a doctor real soon.

Probably want to see your obgyn…

Could be ectopic…go in ASAP!

You better ask gynecologist to be sure wats going on with you. Reliable source is important for that case

Why don’t you just go to your doctor and find out ? Easier than asking on fb and getting hundreds of different answers :roll_eyes: