Am I pregnant after tubes have been removed?

I had my youngest of 4 almost 4 months ago, and after I had her I had a bilateral salpingectomy (both fallopian tubes removed) ...

here I am almost 4 months later and super nauseous every morning, boobs hurt and no sign of a period . I took a test and it’s positive but Im thinking it’s just residual hormones… still kinda freaking out a little bit… my husband and I get pregnant so easily.

Anyone else been through something similar? I need to read something to calm my nerves !

129 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am I pregnant after tubes have been removed? - Mamas Uncut

Call your obgyn asap

7 Likes

That’s scary. I got my tubes removed almost a year ago, I get nauseous still but I still get my periods

You definitely still have had a period, even if tubes removed so I’d be calling ur OB ASAP if a pregnancy test came up positive I’d be definitely calling now

4 Likes

Can i ask was the test a blue dye? If so id retest with a pink dye test first momma. I had my tubes tied 7 years ago. There were so many months i skipped a period and had ALL the symptoms of pregnancy. Finally after 6 years of this on and off ive gotten my period every month for a year. There were a few times if test because ive read it can happen and it would look positive but they were blue dye so evap lines showed.

I am almost positive you should not be able to get pregnant if you had a complete tubal removal I would definitely be calling your doctor asap because you should not have enough hcg left in your system for a positive test if your youngest is 4 months old

8 Likes

I’m amazed your have seeing after 4 months :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

This would not be a viable pregnancy and would be life threatening to you

4 Likes

I was told when I had mine done there was absolutely no possible way I can get pregnant naturally but can if I get asst. From a. Dr and. Needles lol

Yea u need to call a doctor and not wait

These surgeries do fail sometimes…

if u r pregnant u have to go to the er. ectopic.

1 Like

Go for blood work.
I used first response recently, had 4 blazing positives… Blood work was negative. Not pregnant.

1 Like

You should go to the doctor

1 Like

My husband’s mom had hers cut and burnt. She scheduled hysterectomy and the day of it she found out she was pregnant. Now she has a 7 year old daughter. It can definitely happen.

4 Likes

You sure they removed them and didn’t just tie them? I am thinking if they were completely removed, you can’t get pregnant, but what do I know. Definitely call your physician

4 Likes

I had my tubes completely removed 3 weeks ago after I gave birth to my fourth child, my OB told me that the only way I could get pregnant would be through IVF once the tubes were removed…

8 Likes

If you are BF then it’d make sense to not have a period yet but if you’ve already had a period and are late this month – you should go to your Dr and request an abdominal ultrasound

2 Likes

How do you get pregnant without fallopian tubes :flushed:
Serious question as I’m planning a removal after this pregnancy

2 Likes

If you still have ovaries you can pregnant. Sounds like pregnancy. Could be an abdominal pregnancy. Dr now.

1 Like

When I got my tubes taken out, my Dr. told me that there was still a chance. Very very very small but a chance, if the sperm jumped, it could happen. But the chance of it being viable is pretty much nonexistent.

Most of us aren’t doctors. When it comes to medical questions that’s who you need to ask. Especially with something like this.

1 Like

I know someone who also had her tubes removed and shes currently pregnant so best to be safe I’d go to the dr

2 Likes

Go see your doctor ASAP

there is no guarantees with a tubal, I had one pt who had it after her C/S, then got pregnant again & after that one did it again & had her husband get a vasectomy. It can happen, Have your husband get a vasectomy. The only way not to get pregnant again …100% proof, is a hysterectomy or not having sex… & if you don’t need a hysterectomy don’t get one

Surgical menopause? That happened to my mom. She had an ectopic pregnancy and a tube burst, she died but was brought back. Please go get checked out.

It happened to me twice. It’s possible.

3 Likes

I would definitely go to the doctor and get checked out

1 Like

Awe man I wish I could get pregnant getting my tubes tied was a big mistake at least for me… I would go to the Dr ASAP if I was you…

You need to go to the doctor.

4 months later wouldn’t be the last pregnancy it would be a new one. I would get checked out and by a different doctor. Ive heard of them saying they removed them to actually leave them in there. Good luck!

1 Like

I had one tube removed due to an ectopic pregnancy in feb of 2018. Got pregnant in July 2018. We were super surprised because doctors said it was a lot harder to conceive. It’s still possible to get pregnant. I would see a OB ASAP.

1 Like

Could be your hormones going wacked go check your hormones first i hear about alot of false preg in a tubal group iam in

This happened to a friend of mine, they actually were born without tubes and still have gotten pregnant multiple times!

I had my tubes cut and tied and got pregnant 5 yrs later!

3 Likes

I worked women’s care. It’s very possible. See your doctor.

Pregnancy is still possible!

:thinking:Really you’re asking for advice like this on fb.
Call for a real drs appointment Smdh!
I can’t believe these are real ppl asking this stuff.:upside_down_face::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::smiley::rofl:

2 Likes

If you’re breastfeeding, that could explain the missed period. It takes me 6 months to get my period back after a birth due to breastfeeding. I had my tubes removed and right after, I had pregnancy symptoms.

After 4 months pp you should not be able to get a positive test… see your OBGYN for further testing… but girl you got me freaked now cause I had mine removed too a little over a year ago!

1 Like

Wait what?? U can still get pregnant after having ur tubes removed? :eyes:

Maybe God is saying He’s in charge.

1 Like

I had a friend that this happened to when her youngest was 10.

1 Like

You may have been pregant pre surgery love

1 Like

When you find out !! Update us

1 Like

Call your Obgyn. They’ve gone to school for this sort of stuff and actually have their careers based off of being able to handle these situations!

A test and exam by your doctor will be the best answer. Spare yourself the anxiety and make an appointment.

2 Likes

The chances of ectopic pregnancy are extremely high. It’s better for you to get checked out! I’ve had 2 extopic’s, both on the left side.

2 Likes

I got my tubes removed almost a year ago and now I’m worried I could get pregnant now :flushed:

I believe… unfortunately… tubes can & have Grown back :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

A family friend got pregnant 13 years after her tubes were done!

Jarred D. Westmoreland :sweat_smile: we were just talking about this… lol

Definitely get a blood test from your dr :heart:

3 Likes

4 months pp there wouldn’t be hormones to test positive. Its definitely possible to stil get preg.

5 Likes

Two back to back ectopic pregnancies five years ago, both of my tubes removed. No pregnancy here. Good luck mama

Hope you’re not for your sake. But update us when. You find out!

I’ve also experienced after having 2 unsuccessful procedures and birth 2 handsome little guys. They were born premature and they are healthy grown men. I got my tubes tied after my 3rd one and 2 yrs after I got pregnant. I got another one done after the birthing, a yr went by I was pregnant with my baby. I said ok, I begged the doctor to really cut my tubes and never want anymore children. I didnt want the option of aborting because im against it. I decided to take care of my miracle babies who I love so much. They’ve successfully graduated and have jobs now

3 Likes

BLOOD TEST by your Dr. Don’t wait and wonder. God bless.

A friend had her cut ,tied and burned. She got pregnant after.

3 Likes

This is a visit to your obgyn, mama! Let us know how you’re doing later.

1 Like

If you have ovaries and a uterus you can still be pregnant. Without tubes, you’re at increased risk of ectopic pregnancy. See your doctor ASAP.

3 Likes

Need to be checked by dr. If tubes were removed don’t know how that would happen

Definitely is possible .

Now I’m Nervous I just had this same procedure a month ago. No more babies! :flushed:

I’ve been told having ur tubes tied or removed still leaves chances of getting pregnant. Definitely see your doctor ASAP.

1 Like

If you are pregnant get child support from your Dr. :joy: I would try for sure myself.

14 Likes

You must see your DOCTOR, meanwhile Google what you can until you get checked out.

1 Like

I really want to know the outcome of this now

9 Likes

I had this done 2 years ago now and I have these same symptoms sometimes accompanied by a late heavy flow. Never took a test because I was told that with NO tubes I can’t even have a TUBAL pregnancy because there are actually no tubes

2 Likes

Could be an ectopic pregnancy you should see a doctor as soon as you can

4 Likes

Well it could be your body thinking it’s pregnant or you actually being pregnant, It’s rare but it totally happens! See the doctor and please let us know the outcome ASAP!! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

i dont think HCG is a residual hormone

2 Likes

I have no answers for you but I would definitely get checked by my Dr. And I want to add this made my heart fall to my butthole since I had my tubes removed almost a year ago. Its my biggest fear but I also know its next to impossible for me to conceive again.

It’s very possible you were pregnant before you had the procedure that happened to my sister and she delivered a bouncing baby girl

6 Likes

With both being removed, it’s not possible to get pregnant without the help of ivf

1 Like

Look up abdominal pregnancy. Although extremely rare, it does happen.

1 Like

OP read this - it’s not supposed to happen, but it does on occasion. The article talks about a few cases where women had the tubes removed and still fell pregnant.

1 Like

I had this procedure done right after they took my son. Had a late period was told to take a pregnancy test IF came back positive was probably a false positive to call them. It was negative have had several late over the lasy year he will be 3 in Dec. Now I just wait to show up and surprise me!!

Better get to the doctor

1 Like

It’s a super slim chance but 100% possible!!! Miracles happen every day🥰

3 Likes

Take a test one of my tubes grew back

1 Like

I had my tubes cut tied and burned. 2 years later I got “pregnant” it was molar pregnancy that resulted in a full hysterectomy and almost killed me. Definitely see your doctor asap.

10 Likes

My SIL had her tubes removed, then got pregnant and had a beautiful baby girl. She’s 16 now. Lol.

1 Like

I had mine tied,cut and burned… and 15 years later got pregnant with twins… Talk about a surprise lol

7 Likes

So I am in my 5th pregnancy after having a tubal ligation last Decembe. I only have one tube which has been clipped and the other was removed after an ecotopic pregnancy. So Dr said either the ligation failed or they could see two pinholes where my right tube had been in the ovary and the uterus and by chance the egg made it through those 2 small holes. Were other way I would be checked out ASAP! Prayers mama💕

It’s not residual hormones after 4 months! Go to the dr. Did they remove them right after birth or after 6 weeks? My doctor told me doing it right after birth may not be as effective as your body goes into hyper healing mode and tubes could potentially grow back.

4 Likes

Yall scaring the hell out of me! Got my tubes removed a year ago…:flushed:

4 Likes

I knew this girl had her tubes tied and her husband was also fixed. They almost got divorced had to get a dna test and everything but they ended up having a healthy baby. It’s definitely possible

3 Likes

This is why I had my husband get a vasectomy!!!

I know a woman who had twins after the procedure.

Also be sure they did in fact remove your tunes. My friend thought hers were removed and come to find out they weren’t. She was in fact pregnant and not only that- with twins. They are now two.

2 Likes

Y’all have me freaked out. I just had my 4th & plan to have mine removed. I’ll be scheduling the appt at my 6 week postpartum check up. I thought that was pretty much guaranteed 100% I couldn’t get pregnant so this is freaking me out lol.

Jesus christ some of yall are so …
How the f are we supposed to know if you are pregnant or not. We can only give our 2 cents and opinions
Go to your provider. Get checked. It could be pregnancy, it could be something else
ONLY WAY TO KNOW 1000% IS TO GO BE SEEN BY YOUR PROVIDER!!

13 Likes

I had my tubes removed lol I heard they can grow back but that seems fast. Call your dr and have a blood test done.

2 Likes

Call your doctor… those symptoms could be pregnancy… or something else… only they can tell w bloodwork and an Ultrasound

1 Like

Shelby Ruth Zimmerman told u it can still happen

Not try to scare anyone but I had my tubes tied burned and removed. I thought I was pg. Came to fine out that I had cervical cancer stage 1 . So they had to remove everything plus my right kidney. So they did a partial hysterectomy so now all I have left is my left kidney.

5 Likes

It is possible but very rare … I got mine removed including one ovary and dr said Tubes could regrow with time

1 Like

If you had your tubes removed bilateral then your not pregnant. If you just had then cut then maybe yes

1 Like

Ummmm what about if they were cut and burned??? Im scared now im safe right?