Am I overreacting that my husband wants to bring his ex a baby gift?

Why are you feeling insecure about your relationship? What happened to women supporting women? You don’t have to be her best friend, but she’s bringing a little life into the world on her own and your current boyfriend is not just her ex; he’s the father of one of those children and even though that new baby is fathered by a new man, it’s his babies sibling. He’s acting like a responsible father, teaching his kid that just because they aren’t together doesn’t mean he’s absent. Embrace your self confidence, support your boyfriend and your boyfriend’s child (especially if you want to be in their life long term) buy her a gift and get to know her. Don’t just automatically assume that because he wants to get her a gift, he wants to bang her. Self confidence is more attractive than jealousy.

It’s probably his baby. Lol. And he’s got u fooled

1 Like

Babies should be celebrated

I would personally be on board with the gift. I’m actually close friends with my step sons mom and I wouldn’t feel weird about this situation at all.

He is getting a gift for his childs sibling. What’s the problem?

i would not fret unless really needed. Kids are a handful especially by yourself and getting ANY help these days is next to impossible

I was with my ex for 7 years and we share a child together. We coparent incredibly well considering our relationship was extremely toxic. We are both seeing other people and I am pregnant with my current partner. If my ex was to bring me a gift for this baby, I think we’d all consider it a gift from my son that he and his dad picked out. When they say it takes a village, this is what it means. Boundaries need to be set, but this doesn’t seem to be something harmful. Would you feel better if he included you? Sounds like she’s gonna need support when it comes to their child at least while she’s in the hospital and recovering, but there’s no reason that support can’t come from y’all as a unit. I’m sure she feels devastated and embarrassed that she’s having a child with someone who has no intentions of being there for her, whether it was her choices that led her there or not. I would lead with compassion and communicate openly with your partner so you can try and understand his intentions. If he gives you any reason not to trust him, then I’d say it’s reasonable to limit contact unless it’s about their child.

Baby momma and I haven’t always been on the best of terms but when it comes to the kids that’s all that matter when I had my son she called and was ready to bring our son to me his brother and when I had my daughter she’s one of the first ones me Tex and gave full support was there on the phone every day for 2 half months my daughter was in the hospital I had our son’s siblings and that’s what matter…
Be the bigger person let him and there child go our put ur big girl panties on go with your family to pick out some nice flowers and maybe a card and something for the baby go to the hospital and give your support you never know if you plan on being with this man the rest of your life you’re going to have to deal with baby mama and you never know you could become best friends one day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iam thankful everyday for our son I couldn’t imagine life without him I tell him all the time if it wasn’t for him and his siblings on baby. Momma side I wouldn’t be the mom I am today I have been blessed with some amazing kids…
Samantha Levine :heart:

1 Like