AITA for being upset that my husband didn't cry when I walked down the aisle?

If I have learned one thing in life (not just in marriage) is that you will be miserable if you are constantly comparing yourself to others. And I agree that you are entitled to your feelings, but just don’t unpack and live there. If you really love your husband, I wouldn’t dwell on this. You’ve told him how you feel so now you have to move past it. You have the whole rest of your lives together- don’t start it out this way.

10 Likes

Mine didn’t either. Together 30years last month. Faithful and true to each other. If he didn’t love you why would he ask to spend the rest of his life with you. Trust and cherish that love and he will always stay faithful and loyal to you. Never doubt his love. It will be the ruin of your marriage. God bless.

I would want my husband to cry too.

1 Like

It’s the DAY AFTER your wedding and this is what you are doing?
You really had this conversation with your husband on your wedding day?
How fun for him. To be reminded of his failed marriage…on the day he is attempting his second.
My husband and I were trying to figure out how to get away from people so we could get naked. But I guess everyone celebrates differently.
Just remember while you have this argument every few months until you get divorced…that he didnt ruin your wedding day because he didnt sob like you wanted him to. You did. YOU were thinking about his ex wife on YOUR wedding day. Not him. Well…until you brought her up.

6 Likes

I’m embarrassed for you. Level petty is now complete…

4 Likes

Maybe he was crying with his first because he knew it was a mistake to begin with :woman_shrugging:

15 Likes

The day after you say I do, and you are still comparing yourself to his ex… not good. Maybe he was crying last time bc he wasn’t truly happy to see her and they were tears of regret as they are divorced…

1 Like

….My inner nosy person just wants to know how you even know he bawled at their wedding

17 Likes

Lmfao … you said it yourself… he cried when his EX came down the aisle… maybe he knew divorce was in his future :woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

You sound like a great wife :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Many years have passed between his weddings, people change in that time. Some people become more emotional with time and others less so. I used to cry over loads and now I rarely cry. He married you, he divorced her. Don’t start your wedding on a sour note, if he didn’t want to marry you he wouldn’t have gone through all the money and stress to do so.
He may have been in shock as well if he’s not seen you so glammed you before as well. I don’t think it is something to dwell on or fall out over, enjoy being newlyweds!xx

3 Likes

If you’re hung up on that…

Maybe you’re not emotionally mature enough to be married. That kind of insecurity is not good for a relationship.

3 Likes

He’s hardened a little a 2nd marriage is a big step.

4 Likes

My husband welted up when his daughter was the flower girl coming down the aisle at our wedding but not me :rofl: is what it is. Didn’t phase me

3 Likes

If you’re this high maintenance on day one…

6 Likes

You acting a wee bit entitled and focusing on crap while you should be enjoying your honeymoon🤔

2 Likes

Maybe he didn’t cry because he’s not afraid. Maybe he cried with the ex cuz it felt like his life was over. You cannot use your husband’s behavior from past relationships to judge his behavior in this one. I understand maybe being let down or hoping for something out of the norm but I don’t think this is a big deal.

Yes you’re the asshole

My husband didn’t cry when we got married neither did I we were just happy. But he cried when our daughter was born. He’s not a big emotional person but our marriage is fine. I definitely feel like your looking too much into this not trying to be rude.

Get over yourself omg drama queen lol boohoo he didn’t cry this is hilarious

5 Likes

OMG!!! :woman_facepalming:t3: judging him nahhh I think they will judge YOU :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Not everyone cries when getting married :rofl: some men laugh and giggle and smile because they are so excited seeing u all dolled up . Some men cry knowing u look beautiful and u chose them to have for the rest of y’all’s life . He obviously chose to marry you, so yes, yes you are the asshole in this situation. Suck it up and admit and be happy in your new endeavor together. There will plenty of times he will be the asshole, probably as many times as u will be, but just love each other thru it and know u keep chasing each other . Laugh about shit, this is life, nobody gets out alive so make as much time as u can making one another Happy.

He’s changed, he’s grown… things change, emotional response changes. Maybe before he was crying from fear, insecurity, release of emotions. Now he’s certain, confident, he’s secure. Let it go…

2 Likes

Are you for reals, is this real life. You had a whole wedding sounds absolutely lovely and you’re going to throw a fit because your husband didn’t cry… ummm wut…

1 Like

He married you! Why are you doubting and comparing anything or anyone?

2 Likes

My husband didn’t cry either, and it don’t bother me, Everyone is different.
I do understand what you mean though I can see why it’s upset you, so I asked for my husband point of view as he is a male himself and he said this.

" honestly I don’t think she has anything to worry about, he obviously loves her cuz he married her"
And then asked why he thinks he did cry before but not now.

And he said this " your first wedding you don’t know what your expecting, you feel like your comitting for the rest of your life so it is very over whelming the second wedding he didn’t probably cry cuz he knew what to expect, and was just very happy".
He also said this to me, tell her off me to just enjoy her new husband, and be happy there together and married, it’s hard to find someone you want to spend your life with.

And he obviously wants to spend his life with you otherwise he wouldn’t of married u, so don’t stress about it enjoy being a newly wed and don’t compare yourself to his ex!
You are the one he is with, they got divorced so it’s wasn’t working for them, so don’t compare yourself to her,
You and her are different people. And I’m sure he is madly in love with you that is why he married you!
Good luck with the marriage and your future together :purple_heart:

2 Likes

We are so amiss when we judge others by their facial expressions or lack of them. Many of us don’t express a bit of what we’re feeling, but wer’e as normal as can be inside.

Really your only concern !

Yes, you’re being crazy.

Men don’t like to cry he probably held back

1 Like

Have you tried talking to him about this??

Great way to start your married life, comparing yourself & wedding to his ex!

6 Likes

Yea you’re being crazy. Settle down, he married you

5 Likes

Get rid of him he loves his EX MORE. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR LIFE

7 Likes

Honestly he was probably terrified at his first wedding. Probably didn’t have near as much to do with her as much as it did the fact of being married.

3 Likes

Is this really a question

1 Like

Omg, who cares! This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

4 Likes

Alot of women on here aren’t married so try to look over alot of the comments. Rule #1: Never seek married advice from single women. You aren’t crazy but I can truly see why you are bothered. Evidently you love him and vice versa or he wouldn’t have married you. Try to focus on that and leave the past exactly where it belongs. You are entitled to your feelings but don’t allow them to overshadow this NEW beginning in both your lives. :two_hearts:

9 Likes

I think you might be overreacting a little bit. He might have been balling like a baby with his first wife cuz he knew that she wasn’t the one and it was too late to probably back out and didn’t cry with you because he knew he made the right choice, got to look at it both ways

1 Like

Maybe he was bawling at his first wedding because he thought he was stuck with her for life :rofl::woman_shrugging:t2: To soon? :sweat_smile::rofl:

5 Likes

Look at the bright side maybe he was crying because of what he had got himself into with his ex and realised as she was walking towards him :rofl::sweat_smile::heart: shed a ex for a reason leave her where she is… he wouldnt of married you if he still loves her :heart: hope you find your happiness and congratulations! Xx

Omg you are seriously making this an issue. Gona be a LONGGGGG MARRIAGE FOR HIM POOR GUY.

11 Likes

Do not spend your life, or marriage… Comparing yourself to his ex… You are not her… Nor is your relationship theirs. Your marriage isn’t either and your shouldn’t want it to be. They’re not together for a reason. Yes, you’re crazy for being this upset, over something like that.

1 Like

First marriage for both my husband and I. He didn’t cry when I walked down the isle, and I didn’t expect him to. However I cried obviously. You’re not even one day married and you’re already comparing things to his ex wife. That’s soon gonna turn into “he took his ex out to nice dinners, but not me” or “he bought his ex wife *insert item of this much cost. But only bought me *insert item of this much cost” If you’re already doing this, I’m afraid that you’re marriage has been doomed to fail before it even begins.

5 Likes

My husband didn’t cry but he was shakey and nervous. Getting married is a big commitment and while I understand that it bothered you, I also think you should let it go. Lol maybe he was crying with his first because he realized she wasn’t the one and with you he felt more calm. :joy:

This has got to be one of the most pathetic things I have ever read grow up fgs!

8 Likes

Lady on my wedding day I got a while dress, while shoes, white frosted lipstick and fingernail polish. I was a virgin and wanted to look the part. My husband to be said to me on the way to the JP. I don’t like that lipstick your wearing it makes you look dead. Was my feelings hurt ? Yes but I married him anyway, it’s been 47 years, believe me you will get your feelings hurt a lot in life. Might as well grow a tough hide life’s not easy.

4 Likes

Mine didn’t :woman_shrugging: your a bit over reacting. IMO… Sarah Diveley

2 Likes

So? He didn’t cry? At least you got him down the aisle!

2 Likes

I think it’s mainly that it’s his second marriage, there’s a big difference between your first and second. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

2 Likes

Maybe he didn’t cry with u because he is 100% sure if his commitment to u. He was feeling joy and security. Let it go. Enjoy your life together. Congratulations :champagne:

4 Likes

I didn’t know that you were going to get married Heidi.

NTA your feelings are valid but just because he didn’t cry does not mean he wasn’t as happy, wasn’t as amazed,wasn’t as nervous etc. My husband did not cry when I walked down the aisle either and we have been married for 5 years. We had a beautiful wedding and a wonderful day! That’s all that really matters!

4 Likes

Don’t compare the weddings, I understand his frustration. Please just let this go

1 Like

You are entitled to your feelings ,but maybe you are reading too much into it

Some people don’t cry easily. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t care. I would try to let it go. As long as you both are happy together :yellow_heart:

He said I do and that should be all that matters. He chose to spend the rest of his life with you.

1 Like

:joy::joy: you’re upset he didn’t cry. What. Grow up.

2 Likes

Maybe he cried for her because he was sad he was stuck with her :joy:

3 Likes

Don’t worry about things that happened in his last marriage. It obviously didn’t work? Focus on you and definitely pick your battles. Cus spending your wedding night arguing about his past doesn’t look good for your future.

4 Likes

Shame man sounds sad but maybe ur reading too much into this, he must love you dearly to commit rather try not to compare what happened with his ex and all ul just be starting something that ain’t there

2 Likes

I mean you have a right to your feelings but this is definitely something you should work on working through with yourself and not taking it out on him. Also comparing your marriage to his failed one is not a healthy start. Try to let that go now or it will just cause more problems between yall in the future. My husband didn’t cry when i walked down the aisle and it was both of ours first marriage and it honestly is not something I’ve even put any thought into. Most dudes don’t cry at their weddings so unless there are other issues going on and you’re just latching on to this as kind of “the straw that broke the camel’s back” then you really need to work through this if you want your marriage to be successful

8 Likes

Let it go or you’re going to make both of you miserable. Focus on the good times ahead.

3 Likes

Well just hang on a minute here you have to realize your relationship with him is completely different from his relationship with his ex. The fact that he didn’t cry? Maybe he has matured quite a bit since then and can now be a little stronger in that respect. Give this man a break! Enjoy your new life together and chill out

11 Likes

Don’t compare relationships- that ended in divorce

14 Likes

Maybe he was crying because he knew deep down he wasn’t ready with the 1st…
Maybe just maybe , he was just soo happy and he didn’t need to cry this time because he knows you’re the one. Congratulations :heart: x

7 Likes

Lol why do you even know that about his previous wedding? :joy:
This is a you problem.

10 Likes

You can’t go back and change yesterday so move forward.
Maybe he cried at his first wedding because he regretted his decision already :laughing:

6 Likes

If it is something that bothers you, talk to him about it.

2 Likes

Maybe he cry with the first wife bc she looked ugly and he was like um this aint gonna work lol
For all the karens this was a joke be happy you got him now your the silver medal girly and congratulations

We just got married and my husband didn’t cry. We did a private first look and the smile on his face said it all

5 Likes

Your the asshole stop being so sensitive about shit that doesn’t matter

You’re being crazy! I bawled like a baby at my first wedding due to nerves and wondering if I was making the right decision… it ended in divorce. 2nd marriage I didn’t cry… I was beyond excited and happy and knew :100: I was making the right choice… you’re being too sensitive and that’s a bad start to your marriage already unhappy Because he didn’t respond the way you wanted him to that’s toxic

8 Likes

Just because he didn’t cry, doesn’t mean he wasn’t in awe of you. Maybe he’s got more control of his emotions now. Maybe he was having second thoughts back then about her, or had anxiety. Never compare any circumstances with his exes, with how yours are. He’s a different person now than he used to be. We all grow and evolve. You can’t really gauge how he feels about you based on his past.

3 Likes

you are definitely over reacting. you are blocking out the whole special day and lifetime together for what didn’t happen at a 1 minute walk

5 Likes

It’s his 2nd wedding so he’s gone through it once before he knows what to expect it’s not his first rodeo. The first one he knew nothing about anything or what to expect and it was his first love. I’m sorry you’re upset but that’s just how men are they don’t really show emotions infront of people

1 Like

Crying is also a sign of anxiety.

2 Likes

If he’s been married before and divorced then girl don’t even sweat it! I swear he thought at one point he’d never get married again and you changed that!

2 Likes

I’m sorry but why are you even concerned with anything that happened in his last marriage??? Therein lies your problem. You got married and your upset about him not crying about it??? Is this a joke?

2 Likes

Overreacting a bit i think.

2 Likes

My husband cried at mine knowing he was marrying me :rofl: I didn’t cry because I was afraid to look blubbery and ruin my makeup so I walked down the aisle with a stone face the entire time :woman_facepalming:t3: The experience of a first wedding is I’m sure much different than the second. I could understand you are upset thinking it is because he doesn’t care as much but that doesn’t entirely mean that

It doesn’t say he doesn’t love you as much at ALL. He didn’t know what to expect the first time, was younger, more naive.

Sweetheart stop driving yourself crazy, all you’ll do is make sure your marriage is full of doubt. Stop comparing yourself to his ex-wife, it’ll just drive you crazy

4 Likes

Why tf does it matter what he did with his EX wife? Y’all ain’t ever gonna be happy if you’re constantly comparing your marriage to theirs.

6 Likes

for crying out loud GROW UP

2 Likes

You realize you’re comparing yourself to his ex, who is by the way his EX. You really want a repeat of him crying, for you? Maybe he was balling because he knew it was a mistake? Did you ever think of it that way? Maybe he was happy to see you walk down the aisle and had complete confidence in his decision that no tears were needed. Geez. He’s probably feeling regret and that maybe you are like his ex and made a mistake. He probably cries now. LOL!

2 Likes

Watch out for the conversation you are having in your own head. Are you trying to suggest to yourself that he loved the ex more? Are you convincing yourself there’s a problem where none exists? He can’t do a redo so either stop worrying about it or make yourself miserable. Neither one of us cried, and we’ve been married 42 years

1 Like

I had the exact same thing happened and it stung a little, but he told me he had specifically prepared himself to “perform” tears at his first wedding. Also, I’d have cried if I’d had to marry her.

2 Likes

I think you need to calm the f*ck down lol

Omg grow up you are definitely crazy

2 Likes

In normal circumstances I’d say you’re crazy and most men won’t cry, but knowing he bawled for his ex but didn’t shed a single tear for you, I’d be upset myself.

Unfortunately you’re just gonna have to figure out a way to get over it. Have him make it up to you by being sweet or something lol.

1 Like

He bawled like a baby couse he realized he just FUCKED UP his whole life…
Just becouse she wanted it …:kissing_heart::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

Well muddoes :rofl::rofl::rofl:. If this is really your concern, I’m sorry for you when life start hitting you with all kinds curve balls and you get pregnant and hormonal. :skull::skull::skull:

You are overreacting.

2 Likes

Comparison is the thief of joy

8 Likes

Let it go. You can’t dictate someone’s emotions anymore than you can’t help that you were bothered by it. My husband bawled when we had our child and I didn’t at all. We just respond different. Maybe he was scared before? Maybe he was confident with you. Maybe he was crying away his singleness before. It doesn’t matter. Only look at your relationship, not theirs.

1 Like

Awwe how would ya even know he bawled like a baby at his first wedding…that’s a weird detail for him to tell ya …I wouldn’t let it eat ya up .men are not emotionally wrapped up in those details like we are …don’t compare you n his ceremony to theirs Hun it’s not the same … hopefully ya all can move past the awkwardness of you pointing out to him his lack of tears …and you can move past what ya feel about it . .

Wtf? I’m sorry, is this real?

1 Like

You’re ruining your marriage before it even begins with insecurities.
How he behaved at his first wedding is something you should have never known because that was before you and nothing to do with you and him.
He divorced her and married you but you aren’t ready to be married because you obviously have insecurities issues

11 Likes

Yes you’re crazy. Ge was a different man the first time he got married, younger and not as in control of his emotions as he would be now

3 Likes

Your feelings are no way to start a marriage